Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 06:00 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times

Advertisements

Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco and Ryan Fitzpatrick still have starting jobs. That fact alone shows CK should have gotten another opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 03:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Over 70% of all black children are raised in a single parent family. Someone needs to take a knee for them.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:25 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Over 70% of all black children are raised in a single parent family. Someone needs to take a knee for them.
That stat is based on marriage, not actual single family homes.

And more white kids are actually born to single family homes than black, but you guys never mention that.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:50 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Reid apparently seems to forget the the NFL is first and foremost a business and not a political party...

https://sports.yahoo.com/eric-reid-j...191531281.html

It's entertainment that many people are choosing to do without, given their far left political stance.

We used to watch the NFL- not anymore. Too many "woke" millionaires chastising the people who made them millionaires.

The NFL became boring anyway- there is a pass interference call on nearly every pass and all the players are friends. It is not like old time football where you could actually tackle someone and the players from different teams hated each other.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:56 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
This is all just so funny. As a black man, I'm SUPPOSED to side with Kap. At least that's what I hear daily. But I don't. Not doing what he did on the job. At no other job can someone do that and not expect to get fired. What made him think that he was so different. He could have protested off the clock.

Now blacks are all mad because no one wants to pick him up. As an Owner, why would I pick up below average QB that's going to be controversial to my business? I wouldn't want to take that chance on an below average QB. They are a dime a dozen.

I don't give a flying bat what Jay-Z buy's with his own money. I black ppl are supposed to be Democrat and stand up for Kap. Man, miss me with that none sense.
Good for you. Kaepernick had a back up job with the Ravens, and blew it when he called the owner's racist publicly with that stupid Jango in Chains tweet.

Kaepernick doesn't want to play in the NFL anymore. He loves being the victim, and an SJW with NO ACCOUNTABILITY. He's not a good QB anyway, and that's why he hasn't had a job in the NFL for the last three seasons. Teams are VERY forgiving. Look at Michael Vick. If you're good enough, YOU PLAY. If not, YOU DON'T.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:02 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Reid apparently seems to forget the the NFL is first and foremost a business and not a political party...

https://sports.yahoo.com/eric-reid-j...191531281.html
I wonder if Jay z will be canceled by the left?

Old 08-24-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
This is true.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:51 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
It so damn hard just sit back and just enjoy a good ballgame sometimes in these days!!

Old 08-24-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm black too and I didn't have a problem with Kap taking his knee. I also do think racial discrimination and more directly, the idea that Americans don't want to think about racial discrimination, is the main reason why he was not able to get another QB job. There are QBs in the league who had worst numbers than him who played in the past few years so I don't think it was about his talent.

However, that said, I agree with Jay-Z that kneeling in and of itself was not important. "Bringing awareness" to something that most Americans already know about (even if they want to deny it) is not doing anything of value.

IMO black Americans need to have more ownership and commercial interests in all the industries of which we are a large percentage of the workforce and the consumers. The NFL fits both bills and I'm glad to see him make a deal with the NFL.

Jay-Z has a foundation and does a lot of charitable work for black people. He also mentors and encourages other hip hop artists to do the same thing and to me he is starting a positive trend.

Black people in America need to move our movements to the business world now that it wouldn't be acceptable for whites to en mass physically lynch us and kill us and pillage our wealth. The fact that that cannot be done on a wide scale today is proof that the over arching "movement" was successful and we need to get beyond the showiness of kneeling and marching and do thing with our resources to help ourselves, our families, and our communities.

Black people I know are 70/30 on Jay Z and interestingly, those who are so-called "against" him (the 30) are those who are poor and who have nothing going for them and don't understand the fact that our lives today are proof the "movement" worked and we need to stop thinking that putting on some show or some sort of gimmick is doing anything of importance on those issues - like police violence/harassment/murder of black people - that are still issues that impact us as a demographic. You want to change the criminal justice system, you start with voting rights in local communities (and note, I'm not a Republican and don't think Republicans/conservatives are "for" black people - black people are primarily or should be "for" black people and use our political and economic power to assist our people since we are the only ones who care about us and know our issues in our respective communities).
I'm a free speech absolutist just as long as one is not calling for death in the name of sex, race or political affiliation. I'm all for Kap taking a knee. The problem with Kap is that he did it on the work site. Rule of thumb is never talk or bring race, politics and sex at work. Kap brought politics into work, and he got canned for it. Kap should have brought his awareness not to work but should have done so off of work hours. Even at times doing things off of work can land people into hot water with the employer.

As for the black collective being upset with Jay Z over this? Jay Z is just another businessman and he sees an avenue to make money in the name of Social Justice. I hope people who are affected via so called injustice get the necessary funds from the NFL and Roc Nation organization. As for Kap. He got paid by Nike, and by the NFL totaling somewhere around 60 million dollars. Good for him btw.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:08 AM

9,823 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That stat is based on marriage, not actual single family homes.

And more white kids are actually born to single family homes than black, but you guys never mention that.
#factcheck
That's why you should fact check

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco and Ryan Fitzpatrick still have starting jobs. That fact alone shows CK should have gotten another opportunity.
He should Have
But he took the pay out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Good for you. Kaepernick had a back up job with the Ravens, and blew it when he called the owner's racist publicly with that stupid Jango in Chains tweet.

Kaepernick doesn't want to play in the NFL anymore. He loves being the victim, and an SJW with NO ACCOUNTABILITY. He's not a good QB anyway, and that's why he hasn't had a job in the NFL for the last three seasons. Teams are VERY forgiving. Look at Michael Vick. If you're good enough, YOU PLAY. If not, YOU DON'T.
I respect you opinion, but please do your homework on CK on field play.
No one, not even Joe Montana could have QB this team the last 2 years CK was with the 49ers.
O-line stunk, WR were even worse that doesn't make the QB ad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies