U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 09:58 AM

639 posts, read 171,746 times

Advertisements

Reid apparently seems to forget the the NFL is first and foremost a business and not a political party...

https://sports.yahoo.com/eric-reid-j...191531281.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 10:07 AM

1,659 posts, read 335,026 times
I think they are more upset that he didn't include Kaepernick as his BFF and now "the cause" has been set back.
Give it time..someone is going to call Jay-Z an "Uncle Tom".

Old 08-18-2019, 10:25 AM

21,878 posts, read 14,541,235 times
It's not just Eric Reid.

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/08/a...32d9-327007585

Old 08-19-2019, 12:13 PM

405 posts, read 483,784 times
This is all just so funny. As a black man, I'm SUPPOSED to side with Kap. At least that's what I hear daily. But I don't. Not doing what he did on the job. At no other job can someone do that and not expect to get fired. What made him think that he was so different. He could have protested off the clock.

Now blacks are all mad because no one wants to pick him up. As an Owner, why would I pick up below average QB that's going to be controversial to my business? I wouldn't want to take that chance on an below average QB. They are a dime a dozen.

I don't give a flying bat what Jay-Z buy's with his own money. I black ppl are supposed to be Democrat and stand up for Kap. Man, miss me with that none sense.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:26 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,125,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
This is all just so funny. As a black man, I'm SUPPOSED to side with Kap. At least that's what I hear daily. But I don't. Not doing what he did on the job. At no other job can someone do that and not expect to get fired. What made him think that he was so different. He could have protested off the clock.

Now blacks are all mad because no one wants to pick him up. As an Owner, why would I pick up below average QB that's going to be controversial to my business? I wouldn't want to take that chance on an below average QB. They are a dime a dozen.

I don't give a flying bat what Jay-Z buy's with his own money. I black ppl are supposed to be Democrat and stand up for Kap. Man, miss me with that none sense.
I Agree mostly with what you ectpt kor Kap Being a blow average QB. I think when people spout off that "kap was a Below Average QB" the prove the point that

A) They don't really know Football
B) If they are presented with the reasons why Kap was benched, and still fill that way about him, then Its personal, and you can no longer hid behind, "Look at what Kap did his last 2 years in the league, Crap"

If anyone can name at lease, 2 Wide Receivers and running back in Colin's Last year in San Fransisco, without googling it i will be impressed.
Keep in mind that the 49ers GM let Frank Gore and other key players go in Free agency 2 years earlier to cut payroll. They Paid Kap but didn't replace any talent around him. Fast Forward to today, 2 coaches and 1 GM later and they still have not recovered from that GM Bonehead Moves.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:54 PM

15,623 posts, read 8,008,484 times
Quote:

I'm black too and I didn't have a problem with Kap taking his knee. I also do think racial discrimination and more directly, the idea that Americans don't want to think about racial discrimination, is the main reason why he was not able to get another QB job. There are QBs in the league who had worst numbers than him who played in the past few years so I don't think it was about his talent.

However, that said, I agree with Jay-Z that kneeling in and of itself was not important. "Bringing awareness" to something that most Americans already know about (even if they want to deny it) is not doing anything of value.

IMO black Americans need to have more ownership and commercial interests in all the industries of which we are a large percentage of the workforce and the consumers. The NFL fits both bills and I'm glad to see him make a deal with the NFL.

Jay-Z has a foundation and does a lot of charitable work for black people. He also mentors and encourages other hip hop artists to do the same thing and to me he is starting a positive trend.

Black people in America need to move our movements to the business world now that it wouldn't be acceptable for whites to en mass physically lynch us and kill us and pillage our wealth. The fact that that cannot be done on a wide scale today is proof that the over arching "movement" was successful and we need to get beyond the showiness of kneeling and marching and do thing with our resources to help ourselves, our families, and our communities.

Black people I know are 70/30 on Jay Z and interestingly, those who are so-called "against" him (the 30) are those who are poor and who have nothing going for them and don't understand the fact that our lives today are proof the "movement" worked and we need to stop thinking that putting on some show or some sort of gimmick is doing anything of importance on those issues - like police violence/harassment/murder of black people - that are still issues that impact us as a demographic. You want to change the criminal justice system, you start with voting rights in local communities (and note, I'm not a Republican and don't think Republicans/conservatives are "for" black people - black people are primarily or should be "for" black people and use our political and economic power to assist our people since we are the only ones who care about us and know our issues in our respective communities).

Old 08-23-2019, 01:01 PM

15,623 posts, read 8,008,484 times
I'll also note that Kap took a payout from the NFL. IMO he should have continued his lawsuit as I do feel he could have proven racial discrimination.

People who want to speak ill on Jay-Z need to speak ill on Kap. He took a pennies on the dollar payout and made his own actions/movement look cheap and worth nothing. That Jay-Z did this deal after the fact, maybe he was sick about what happened. Most conscious (what the young kids call "woke") black people are aware of the fact that police violence/aggression/murder of black people has always been an issue for us as it impacts us on a disparate level. There was a recent study published that showed the 6th leading cause of death of young black men in America is police killing them. So this is not some sort of phony issue.

That Kap basically gave up and threw in the towel means that his way did nothing of value. Jay-Z getting a stake in the NFL stands to do more on that issue and others depending on how he spins it. He is a great businessman and I actually am excited to see what he is up to. Been a fan of his for years as well. He's spoken about these sorts of power moves even in his music and a lot of these younger black people who are broke and complaining about him, just don't know much about him other than he is Beyonce's husband.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'll also note that Kap took a payout from the NFL. IMO he should have continued his lawsuit as I do feel he could have proven racial discrimination.

People who want to speak ill on Jay-Z need to speak ill on Kap. He took a pennies on the dollar payout and made his own actions/movement look cheap and worth nothing. That Jay-Z did this deal after the fact, maybe he was sick about what happened. Most conscious (what the young kids call "woke") black people are aware of the fact that police violence/aggression/murder of black people has always been an issue for us as it impacts us on a disparate level. There was a recent study published that showed the 6th leading cause of death of young black men in America is police killing them. So this is not some sort of phony issue.

That Kap basically gave up and threw in the towel means that his way did nothing of value. Jay-Z getting a stake in the NFL stands to do more on that issue and others depending on how he spins it. He is a great businessman and I actually am excited to see what he is up to. Been a fan of his for years as well. He's spoken about these sorts of power moves even in his music and a lot of these younger black people who are broke and complaining about him, just don't know much about him other than he is Beyonce's husband.
Agree Also

Very good points

Old 08-23-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I Agree mostly with what you said Accept for Kap Being a blow average QB. I think when people spout off that "kap was a Below Average QB" the prove the point that

A) They don't really know Football
B) If they are presented with the reasons why Kap was benched, and still fell that way about him, then Its personal, and you can no longer hide behind, "Look at what Kap did his last 2 years in the league, Crap"

If anyone can name at lease, 2 Wide Receivers and running back in Colin's Last year in San Fransisco, without googling it i will be impressed.
Keep in mind that the 49ers GM let Frank Gore and other key players go in Free agency 2 years earlier to cut payroll. They Paid Kap but didn't replace any talent around him. Fast Forward to today, 2 coaches and 1 GM later and they still have not recovered from that GM Bonehead Moves.
I need spell check on my cell phone

Old 08-23-2019, 05:56 PM

5,200 posts, read 1,025,014 times
Quote:

Disclaimer: I am a straight White conservative male who IDS as a male.

I suppose Kap thought he could have gotten away with it under the "Black people are oppressed so pity me" (not every member of every sociopolitical minority group in this country is oppressed).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or