U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:46 PM
 
7,514 posts, read 4,338,503 times
Reputation: 9855

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Make sure you pay special attention to:

Mr Lively said that when he made recommendations to water down Mr Bahati’s draft, they were ignored. “I’m very glad they dropped the death penalty, which was beyond the pale,” he said. “I have mixed feelings about the remaining provisions… Simple homosexuality should not be punished with jail terms.”
Read Lively’s own words comparing homosexuals to serial killers, pedophiles, animals, etc. Said they were responsible for the holocaust, Rwandan genocide, and all sorts of nonsense. He’s surprised they come back with a death penalty/life in prison after all that? That’s laughable.
https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/.../scott-lively/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:51 PM
 
1,828 posts, read 620,970 times
Reputation: 1400
Any LGBTQ activist who doesn't see Muslims as public enemy number one is a poor activist indeed. Poor because they either only care about LGBTQ people near them, because they are ignorant of the threat, or because they are making a deal with the devil for political expediency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:53 PM
 
30,245 posts, read 15,720,496 times
Reputation: 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Read Lively’s own words comparing homosexuals to serial killers, pedophiles, animals, etc. Said they were responsible for the holocaust, Rwandan genocide, and all sorts of nonsense. He’s surprised they come back with a death penalty/life in prison after all that? That’s laughable.
https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/.../scott-lively/
Did you not even read your own linked article:

Here is the one paragraph in the article YOU posted in regards to what Lively said about the Holocost:

“While we cannot say that homosexuals caused the Holocaust,” he and colleague Kevin Abrams wrote in a thoroughly debunked 1995 book called The Pink Swastika, “we must not ignore their central role in Nazism. To the myth of the ‘pink triangle’—the notion that all homosexuals in Nazi Germany were persecuted—we must respond with the reality of the ‘pink swastika.’”

You need to develop some reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:55 PM
 
7,523 posts, read 2,709,847 times
Reputation: 2959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Any LGBTQ activist who doesn't see Muslims as public enemy number one is a poor activist indeed. Poor because they either only care about LGBTQ people near them, because they are ignorant of the threat, or because they are making a deal with the devil for political expediency.
If they are an activist world wide I would agree. In america, however. the LGBTQ have more headwind from the Christian bloc. Thats obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:57 PM
 
1,828 posts, read 620,970 times
Reputation: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
If they are an activist world wide I would agree. In america, however. the LGBTQ have more headwind from the Christian bloc. Thats obvious.
Such a person would fall into my first category. I don't see why only American LGBTQ people would matter to someone concerned with the oppression of LGBTQ people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:59 PM
 
7,514 posts, read 4,338,503 times
Reputation: 9855
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Did you not even read your own linked article:

Here is the one paragraph in the article YOU posted in regards to what Lively said about the Holocost:

“While we cannot say that homosexuals caused the Holocaust,” he and colleague Kevin Abrams wrote in a thoroughly debunked 1995 book called The Pink Swastika, “we must not ignore their central role in Nazism. To the myth of the ‘pink triangle’—the notion that all homosexuals in Nazi Germany were persecuted—we must respond with the reality of the ‘pink swastika.’”

You need to develop some reading comprehension.
Good lord are you defending Lively?

“The Nazi party was entirely controlled by militaristic male homosexuals”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:01 PM
 
30,245 posts, read 15,720,496 times
Reputation: 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
If they are an activist world wide I would agree. In america, however. the LGBTQ have more headwind from the Christian bloc. Thats obvious.
True, but in the US they want to "help" them unlearn being gay.

It's based on the belief many Christians have that they can "fix" gay people. The vast majority of Christians who want to "fix" them do so as an expression of helping not harming.

Obviously, gay people didn't learn to be gay, they werre born that way. God made gay people gay. God also gave me a wandering eye, and I'm not about to pluck it out.

And if anyone cares, I support gay couple adopting children as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:05 PM
 
30,245 posts, read 15,720,496 times
Reputation: 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Good lord are you defending Lively?

“The Nazi party was entirely controlled by militaristic male homosexuals”
Dispelling your false propaganda is not defending him. The dude is a nut; however, he has not called for the death penalty of gay people or even locking up gay people for being gay.

Sure, he took the FACT that there were a lot of gay men in the upper levels of the Nazi party when it started and gained power and twisted it into a false narrative, but what you tried to imply was false nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:08 PM
 
7,523 posts, read 2,709,847 times
Reputation: 2959
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
True, but in the US they want to "help" them unlearn being gay.

It's based on the belief many Christians have that they can "fix" gay people. The vast majority of Christians who want to "fix" them do so as an expression of helping not harming.

Obviously, gay people didn't learn to be gay, they werre born that way. God made gay people gay. God also gave me a wandering eye, and I'm not about to pluck it out.

And if anyone cares, I support gay couple adopting children as well.
The issue I have about Christians "Fixing" them is its Hester Prynne all over again. I have seen extremely overweight evangelical leaders. What does the old testament say about that? Where is there "fixing" of that?

Its quite distressing when Christians try to force their perverted ideas of Christianity onto others. And I say that as a Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:12 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,116 posts, read 2,588,880 times
Reputation: 4804
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
I don't know that what you say is the case. I think it more in line with the left has invested itself heavily into defending Muslims. The enemy of my enemy mentality. No, Muslims murdering gays is not acceptable to anyone, but the left can't come out and overly condemn the acts without admitting that the right had a valid point. It's better to simply stay quiet about it and deflect or redirect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top