U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 08:13 PM

30,245 posts, read 15,720,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The issue I have about Christians "Fixing" them is its Hester Prynne all over again. I have seen extremely overweight evangelical leaders. What does the old testament say about that? Where is there "fixing" of that?

Its quite distressing when Christians try to force their perverted ideas of Christianity onto others. And I say that as a Christian.
You can't fix what is not broken.

The good news is that there is a small wave of understanding that is growing via the younger generation of Christians that will continue to get larger and larger as it gains momentum.

The days of "innocent bigotry" against gays in the Christian community are numbered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 08:14 PM

7,514 posts, read 4,338,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Dispelling your false propaganda is not defending him. The dude is a nut; however, he has not called for the death penalty of gay people or even locking up gay people for being gay.

Sure, he took the FACT that there were a lot of gay men in the upper levels of the Nazi party when it started and gained power and twisted it into a false narrative, but what you tried to imply was false nonsense.
He says it is the worst sin that there is, worse than mass murder, on tape. Then hes surprised they want the death penalty or jail time? That is a stretch beyond belief.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:16 PM

1,828 posts, read 620,970 times
Quote:
The issue I have about Christians "Fixing" them is its Hester Prynne all over again. I have seen extremely overweight evangelical leaders. What does the old testament say about that? Where is there "fixing" of that?

Its quite distressing when Christians try to force their perverted ideas of Christianity onto others. And I say that as a Christian.
Regarding fat preachers...

Almost no one considers the SBC (Slavery before Christianity) churches to be ethical role models. They exist as a cultural rallying point for southern old stock Americans.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:17 PM

7,523 posts, read 2,709,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't know that what you say is the case. I think it more in line with the left has invested itself heavily into defending Muslims. The enemy of my enemy mentality. No, Muslims murdering gays is not acceptable to anyone, but the left can't come out and overly condemn the acts without admitting that the right had a valid point. It's better to simply stay quiet about it and deflect or redirect.
The issue is that there is no coalition of muslims in america pushing ant-gay legislation. There is with christians blocs It is pretty simple.

Are you emotionally invested in anti-democratic forces in Russia and that are POTUS is cozying up to them? My guess is no. My guess is your position is to not get involved.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:18 PM

4,739 posts, read 3,658,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This while they ignore this.

The ugly truth about Sharia law

God is very straightforward about this not we Muslims, not subjective, the Sharia is very clear about it, the punishment for homosexuality, bestiality or anything like that is death, Muslim cleric Sheikh Khalid Yasin said in a YouTube video posted online. We dont make any excuses about that, its not our law its the Koran.
Koran written by cave dwellers from the 7th century and followed by illiterate masses of the 21st century. Ignorance is so dangerous.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:20 PM

Also there are lgbt organizations here that do work for rights in the Mideast and to get people out on asylum.

Liberty for all regardless of orientation is not limited to Christianity. The premise of the thread is ludicrous.

Find me any gay person who is OK with someone killing someone for being gay because of any religion.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Regarding fat preachers...

Almost no one considers the SBC (Slavery before Christianity) churches to be ethical role models. They exist as a cultural rallying point for southern old stock Americans.
I'm talking moral majority. Jerry Falwells of the world.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Koran written by cave dwellers from the 7th century and followed by illiterate masses of the 21st century. Ignorance is so dangerous.
And the Bible says if your son is a drunkard and disobedient take him to the town elders. And if they agree them stone him to death.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I'm talking moral majority. Jerry Falwells of the world.
Definitely did not put a knife to his throat to stop his appetite as commanded.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Definitely did not put a knife to his throat to stop his appetite as commanded.
Nope. And I can attest that he never missed a meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or