U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,249 posts, read 2,838,546 times
Reputation: 4465

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
As a liberal Christian (yes, we do exist), I 'side' with Christ, who sad "love one another."


You can love people without approving of their behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM
 
30,245 posts, read 15,720,496 times
Reputation: 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Bad Pedro!
Lol.

Well, I'm honest.

Just PM'd you. Happy to see you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM
 
30,245 posts, read 15,720,496 times
Reputation: 20356
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You can love people without approving of their behavior.
And EVERY Christian has bad behavior.

However, I don't see being born a little different than others as bad behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,241 posts, read 10,310,602 times
Reputation: 7922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The only time Right of center people mention the above is when they want people to vote for Republicans and there in lines the problem.

Its never a conversational topic, its direct marketing(if you get what im saying there). The right doesnt actually care, they just bring it up when they think it will win them votes.
The left doesn’t exactly make it easier on us to do that. According to Pew, 56% of people who lean Republican are pro-same sex marriage. But since the left paints all republicans with the same brush, being vocal about it turns into an attack on the entire party. A party which we support, in spite of the other 44% who are against it. I was for same sex marriage when Barrack Obama was against it. But if I were to be vocal about it, people on the left would weaponize that view, against the entire Republican Party, instead of celebrating the 56% of Republicans that support it. Which is what they would do, if they truly cared about the issue, more than making political points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
9,168 posts, read 8,066,584 times
Reputation: 3904
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Why is anti homosexuality only associated with Christianity and not Islam and Judaism?


It's not.


Glad I could straighten that out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Barrington
46,817 posts, read 34,444,561 times
Reputation: 15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The left doesn’t exactly make it easier on us to do that. According to Pew, 56% of people who lean Republican are pro-same sex marriage. But since the left paints all republicans with the same brush, being vocal about it turns into an attack on the entire party. A party which we support, in spite of the other 44% who are against it. I was for same sex marriage when Barrack Obama was against it. But if I were to be vocal about it, people on the left would weaponize that view, against the entire Republican Party, instead of celebrating the 56% of Republicans that support it. Which is what they would do, if they truly cared about the issue, more than making political points.
You seem to be using the same broad brush to paint “ the left” you accuse Democrats of using to paint Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,249 posts, read 2,838,546 times
Reputation: 4465
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And EVERY Christian has bad behavior.

However, I don't see being born a little different than others as bad behavior.


The point being that the Left characterizes disapproval as "hate".

Anything less than full acceptance, approval and normalization is seen as hatred and oppression.

And that's a far cry from throwing gays off of buildings, which the Left conveniently ignores.


I'm not a Christian...... I'm not even particularly religious.

But equating modern Christianity with much of Islam, which is still stuck in the dark ages......

Is not just hypocritical, it's laughingly disingenuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,241 posts, read 10,310,602 times
Reputation: 7922
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You seem to be using the same broad brush to paint “ the left” you accuse Democrats of using to paint Republicans.
Maybe, but in this particular case, you don't need the entire “left” to weaponize that view. It only takes a few in order to be effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Barrington
46,817 posts, read 34,444,561 times
Reputation: 15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Some of the town counsel resigned.

A petition demanding his resignation is being circulated.

He is hounded with chants to resign.

Thus far he remains mayor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM
 
12,993 posts, read 10,104,817 times
Reputation: 16540
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Same reasons why the left claims to support feminism and the LGBT community, but turn a blind eye when transgender men are unfairly competing against women in sports, taking away women's chance to shine and win scholarships to universities.
For myself, I am taking a wait and see attitude wrt athletics. SO far, evidence does not support unfair advantage over all. Weight classes and the like, making the requirements fit the sport, seem to be working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top