Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 07:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Which Christian nation engages in stoning, pray tell?
I said there are areas of some Christian majority countries that engage in stoning.

Stoning is alive and well in the rural areas of Uganda.

Life in prison was substituted for death penalty in anti homosexual legislation in 2014.

Many former British colonies in Africa impose harsh consequences on those engaging in same sex relations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 07:35 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Because the left are bullies who won't dare go against anyone who would hit them back.
" Turn the other cheek" is an open invitation for them in their minds.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:36 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals hate white people and most Christians are white.
Here is the answer....short and sweet

Old 08-19-2019, 07:48 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Here is the answer....short and sweet

I'm liberal, Christian, and white. I don't hate myself at all!

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-20-2019 at 01:32 AM..

Old 08-19-2019, 07:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The point being that the Left characterizes disapproval as "hate".

Anything less than full acceptance, approval and normalization is seen as hatred and oppression.

And that's a far cry from throwing gays off of buildings, which the Left conveniently ignores.

I'm not a Christian...... I'm not even particularly religious.

But equating modern Christianity with much of Islam, which is still stuck in the dark ages......

Is not just hypocritical, it's laughingly disingenuous.

All good points.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:50 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
Because in this country, christians in power will try to use that governmental power to force their religious beliefs onto gay people. Like that woman who was a county clerk and wouldn't give gays marriage licenses. If a person who is muslim or jewish did the same thing, I would consider them using their government assigned powers incorrectly. Do you have an examples of that?

Old 08-19-2019, 07:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Because in this country, christians in power will try to use that governmental power to force their religious beliefs onto gay people. Like that woman who was a county clerk and wouldn't give gays marriage licenses. If a person who is muslim or jewish did the same thing, I would consider them using their government assigned powers incorrectly. Do you have an examples of that?
Please point to a bill introduced in the US House or Congress in the last 10 years that would jail gay people for being gay?

Please give an example?

Old 08-19-2019, 08:41 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It is. Failure to allow people to be themselves through legislation, legal discrimination IS oppression. Caring what others do such that you feel the need to legally restrict them IS hate. You don't like it. Tough for you.

ETA: We have had to deal with the religion and conservative view of "normal" for long enough. Time to end that BS.

Who appointed you and the Left the sole arbiters of what constitutes "hate"?

And I'm not even talking about legislation......

I'm talking about attitudes of the Church and it's members, Christian owned businesses etc.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:43 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You just responded to a celibate gay person with a remark that doesn't make any sense.

Being gay is not a "behavior".

Besides, you're not in any position to "approve" of anyone else.

I'm not talking about myself.

If you took time to read my posts, that might not have flown over your head.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:09 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I'm liberal, Christian, and white. I don't hate myself at all!
I don’t know about you but I have seen many self loathing white liberals. Just because a liberal is white does not mean he is not biased against his own people. White guilt is common among white liberals, although I admit I have no ide of what percentage of white liberals are like this. What I do know is that I have seen it over and over again, young white liberals railing against white people. I stand by the post I quoted and do believe it is a correct assessment.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-20-2019 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: Corrected my own typo in the quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies