U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,970,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
There is a lot of history and context here.
Is it wrong for "whites" then to express such sentiments?

I mean they kinda already do, if the "white flight" phenomenon is anything to go by...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM

30,245 posts, read 15,720,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Either you want Christians to be the majority in this country, or you don't. If you do, people will mark some Christians as "ant homosexual" because they affect everyday life, where a minority religion does not.

Wow, that's delusional.

Wut?
Lol.

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

12,993 posts, read 10,104,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Is it wrong for "whites" then to express such sentiments?
Is it "wrong"? What do you mean by that? Like is god going to smite you? I have no idea.

From a context perspective, the ONLY context I see for white pride is among those who think white people are inherently superior, even superior under God. But historically, being black tended to f with your world. Being Jewish tended to get you killed... I can definitely understand the historical and contextual difference.

Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM

4,478 posts, read 2,688,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I donít know about you but I have seen many self loathing white liberals. Just because a liberal is white does not mean he is not biased against his own people. White guilt is common among white liberals, although I admit I have no ide of what percentage of white liberals are like this. What I do know is that I have seen it over and over again, young white liberals railing against white people. I stand by the post I quoted and do believe it is a correct assessment.
This is an old conservative trope, much like what I heard back when protesting the Vietnam war - "America: love it or leave it". In other words conservatives are tribal in nature - you have to fully adopt the ways of the tribe and improvements to the tribe through self-critique is not tolerated. Just shut up and be a good tribal guy. This is the same attitude of people who say that whites are self-loathing because they are willing to own up to crimes of the past like slavery.

Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. because if you have said something anti-Christianity, your head would still be on your shoulder.

People like to pick on somebody who don't fight back. Overwhelming majority of the SJW types are cowards.
I repped you. Because I misread you! Minus one rep for you for completely factless assertion.

I still do wonder when being a warrior for justice became a Bad Thing.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

14,269 posts, read 6,517,664 times
Quote:
I repped you. Because I misread you! Minus one rep for you for completely factless assertion.

Good question.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
This is an old conservative trope, much like what I heard back when protesting the Vietnam war - "America: love it or leave it". In other words conservatives are tribal in nature - you have to fully adopt the ways of the tribe and improvements to the tribe through self-critique is not tolerated. Just shut up and be a good tribal guy. This is the same attitude of people who say that whites are self-loathing because they are willing to own up to crimes of the past like slavery.
Well said. I have been called a self loathing person before. It kind of amazes me. I like myself. *I* never did any of those things. And I like to try to LEARN from the mistakes of history. It baffles.

Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
Yes, certain Islamic states do kill homosexuals, but most of them don't. I did a survey for school and found that most Muslims (in my local mosque) discourage homosexuality but they are accepted as normal people and that they have nothing against them as it is their own personal decision.

Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM

8,249 posts, read 2,838,546 times
Quote:

When the notion of "justice" was reduced to:

"white man bad"

"America bad"

"Orange man bad"

"Christians bad"

Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
When the notion of "justice" was reduced to:

"white man bad"

"America bad"

"Orange man bad"

"Christians bad"
Well you let me know when that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or