U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Status: "You showed me mercy and all I can do is say Thank You." (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: New York
1,511 posts, read 296,944 times
Reputation: 1125

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?

Because Christians (over 60% of the country) need to be demonized in order for the Marxists to pull off their Trojan Horse of taking this country down from within. They are very close, or at least were until the people rose up and voted against them over the last 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:36 PM
 
7,514 posts, read 4,338,503 times
Reputation: 9855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Where did you go to church? Westboro Baptist? Talking about what a group believes is one thing. Hanging gay people from cranes and throwing them off of tall buildings, what muslims actually DO, is something else entirely.

Christian persecution of people in the US is a BS argument used by secularists who are actively trying to remove all religious influence in civil society as long as that religion is Christianity. If it's Islam, they conveniently look the other way.
You say that as if gay people endorse what happens in those Muslim countries. What bizzaro world do you live in?

Ditto for wanting to remove Christianity and replace it with Islam. That’s just laughable.

There is very real legislation out there and existing laws on the books that would/do allow tax payer funded entities to discriminate based on religious beliefs.

Stopping a county clerk from refusing to issue a same sex marriage license and stopping execution of homosexuals based on religious beliefs are the same fight.

Believe what you want in your private life. Do not use that belief in government.

Fighting to keep Christianity in government is also fighting for Sharia law should the demographics change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:41 PM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,365 posts, read 4,266,543 times
Reputation: 7932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Because Christians (over 60% of the country) need to be demonized in order for the Marxists to pull off their Trojan Horse of taking this country down from within. They are very close, or at least were until the people rose up and voted against them over the last 10 years.
Actually the fundamentalist Christians (more like 30-35% of the country at most) who want to overthrow democracy and rule our society by their version of Biblical law should be demonized. Their ideology is at it's core, anti-First Amendment and therefore anti-American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,570 posts, read 11,676,882 times
Reputation: 4372
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
Christians kill them here in the US too, they just get labeled as crazy and you pretend religion has nothing to do with it.

But the reason for not mentioning Islam is that it rarely happens here. That religion has no power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,418 posts, read 7,598,141 times
Reputation: 16052
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I heard people talking about how homosexuality should be a capital crime all the time in the fellowship hall after church when I was growing up. I think that counts.
And you grew u[ (and were indoctrinated) within a small Fundamentalist splinter-sect, who are NOT typical of the mainstream of Christianity.

You have become as bigoted and prone to stereotyping as the Bible-thumpers you rail against
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,570 posts, read 11,676,882 times
Reputation: 4372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Where did you go to church? Westboro Baptist? Talking about what a group believes is one thing. Hanging gay people from cranes and throwing them off of tall buildings, what muslims actually DO, is something else entirely.

Christian persecution of people in the US is a BS argument used by secularists who are actively trying to remove all religious influence in civil society as long as that religion is Christianity. If it's Islam, they conveniently look the other way.
We are less than 20 years removed from gay sex being a crime(jailable), less than 50 years removed from it being something you could be institutionalized for.

Being gay has never (to my knowledge) been something that was a capital crime in the US, but that is not so true of the UK, Ireland and multiple European nations up until the 1950's and 60's.

Not to mention the religious people here in the US who have killed their own children because of their "sinful" ways. Gay bashing and so on and so forth. There are websites that keep track of this so you calling it a BS argument shows your lack of knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,570 posts, read 11,676,882 times
Reputation: 4372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And you grew u[ (and were indoctrinated) within a small Fundamentalist splinter-sect, who are NOT typical of the mainstream of Christianity.

You have become as bigoted and prone to stereotyping as the Bible-thumpers you rail against
You are just wrong here.

Most denominations of Christianity absolutely still teach being gay as a sin. Your preacher/pastor/reverend skipping over the public punishment part doesnt negate the rest of their preachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 12:53 PM
 
48,897 posts, read 45,876,643 times
Reputation: 15541
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals hate white people and most Christians are white.
Actually, worldwide, a huge number of Christians are non-White.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 01:00 PM
 
5,105 posts, read 1,005,603 times
Reputation: 2033
I think that Jews and Christians also tend to be more feminist-friendly than Muslims, depending on the issues being discussed and the denominations in question. Yes, there are obvious exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 01:30 PM
 
Location: California
1,533 posts, read 446,382 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Where did you go to church? Westboro Baptist? Talking about what a group believes is one thing. Hanging gay people from cranes and throwing them off of tall buildings, what muslims actually DO, is something else entirely.

Christian persecution of people in the US is a BS argument used by secularists who are actively trying to remove all religious influence in civil society as long as that religion is Christianity. If it's Islam, they conveniently look the other way.
They sure do , and I get what you’re saying . But the majority in this thread who are anti Christianity and perhaps any religion at all will not understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top