Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 10:51 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?

I guess you aren't paying attention to all the gays who are hung for homosexuality in Muslim nations??????

Libs are hilarious. As Islam, with all its hatred of gays, women, Christians, Jews and barbaric practices is an ally of liberalism in their war against Christianity, they overlook all the problems with their religion.

As the Nazis before them, liberals are allies with Islam in order to achieve a secondary goal. They have a common enemy in western civilization, as well as Christianity and Judaism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 10:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Will the growing numbers of evangelicals of color mean less influence for white Christian conservatives?

"“While their influence might not be immediate, there is no doubt that within the next 15 years, evangelicals of color will become a more powerful force in the evangelical community as a whole,” says Janelle Wong, American Studies professor at the University of Maryland.

Evangelicals — Christians who focus heavily on salvation through Jesus Christ and the global acceptance of the gospel — are predominantly white and Republican.

About 34 percent of self-identified evangelicals are black, Asian or Latino — and the latter groups are quickly growing, Wong says. She attributes the growth not only to the rising numbers of people of color in the U.S. population overall but also to the “demographic decline” among white evangelicals and the departure of young people from their ranks."
Most liberals still seem to view Christians as white people in the country.

The church I've just begun attending is about 1/3 white, 1/3 Hispanic and 1/3 black. It seems to be a bit of an odd duck having such an equal split. Churches, much like neighborhoods tend to favor a race or ethnicity.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wait.

Didn't Obama and Hillary both go on record as being against Gay Marriage? Trump has never taken this position. In fact he's congratulated Pete and Christian Buttigieg for theirs. What say you about that? Don't you think you are being unrealistic by saying "they are bad, we are good"? Why do you keep giving unconditional support to a political party which has only pandered to Gays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3JZdmpCPl8
The truth of the matter is it's about party support and not tge truth.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:55 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, if I can show you a comment from a couple of liberals online somewhere supporting pedophilia, I guess that's proof liberalism wants to legalize child rape.

Why would you be part of the liberal movement if I could find a couple of posts, which seems to be your standard, that liberalism supports pedophilia?
You reference the Koran, I referenced an equally despicable quote from the Bible.

All three are fairy tales we should move on from.

I’m not a liberal. I’m a conservative who believes in liberty for everyone.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:56 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
To this day I still see comments from Christians who reference the Old Testament and want to kill homosexuals.

“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”
I do not believe they want to kill them, however, they do believe it is a sin ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, if I can show you a comment from a couple of liberals online somewhere supporting pedophilia, I guess that's proof liberalism wants to legalize child rape.

Why would you be part of the liberal movement if I could find a couple of posts, which seems to be your standard, that liberalism supports pedophilia?
You'll have to define, pedophilia. Child bride is legal in the u.s. (depending on State's laws) with parental consent.

In my grandmother's family born in the 1800's (no laws against) most girls were married by at 16. To not be, one was considered to be 'an old maid', (and shamed) which my grandmother endured that comment as she did not marry until age 18. (also, she was one of 9 children)

Cultures change over time; our perception of 'indecency' does as well.

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Because in the U.S. it's fundamentalist Christians driving the push for anti-gay laws. Christians may not want to kill gays (though I'd argue that many actually do), they want laws that force gays back into the closet and into the shadows of society. Furthermore, that is a significant part of the agenda that drives the Republican Party which in itself is pretty much a fundamentalist Christian party these days.
Several Christian majority countries ban all homosexual relationship. The further away from major urban centers in these countries, the more likely consequences like stoning may occur.

Prior to 1963, all US states had laws against sodomy. Punishment was as harsh as life imprisonment in some states. Illinois was the first state to abolish such laws. 17 states followed. Some states dug their heels in.

In 1986, SCOTUS ruled state laws were constitutional. In 2003, SCOTUS ruled such laws unconstitutional.

I do not understand people’s obsession with other people’s sex lives nor the intent to deny people civil rights.

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals hate white people and most Christians are white.
Please enlighten us white people how we hate Christians.. this should be good.

Why is being gay a sin? This is why. If there is any hate towards gays it’s biblical.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/homosexuality

Old 08-18-2019, 10:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
You reference the Koran, I referenced an equally despicable quote from the Bible.

There is no equivalent to Sharia law with Christianity. Homosexuality is outlawed in most majority muslim nations, and beheadings and tossing Gay men off the top of buildings is not uncommon.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:57 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Because they’ve only really seen persecution from Christians here?

Judaism is very supportive of homosexuals. Islam has had virtually no impact on our culture/laws.
Reformed Judaism, which Is far more secular and non-theistic than Orthodox Judaism, holds a more open view toward alternative sexualities.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:

You're so emotional over this, you see things that aren't even there.

Where did I reference the Koran?

Oh, I didn't, but your fervor clouds your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies