U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:09 PM

9,204 posts, read 8,070,938 times

Advertisements

Uh, good for her? Why does anyone care about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 06:12 PM

11,252 posts, read 10,314,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Bill Maher is anti-semite. He hates Muslims.
No, he’s anti termite.

...wait, no, that’s a horrible thing to say about people. I don't know where I could have possibly got that from.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:17 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 16 days ago)

12,502 posts, read 6,520,299 times
You know, as disgraceful as Bill Maher is on many issues (to include wishing for a recession to get rid of President Trump), he's one of my favorite leftists as he's at least willing to tell the truth on many things that most leftists aren't.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:22 PM

I have always watched his show, even going back to when he was the host of Politically Incorrect. I disagree with 80% of what he says, but he does make me consider the other side of issues more than most liberal pundits. And he is right about the other 20%.

And an interesting point, it is always the left that wants to silence Maher. You never hear of the right trying to stop him from speaking on college campuses and boycotting his show.

Here is the clip that this thread is about...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-EHlj5nAxJM

Old 08-18-2019, 06:42 PM

3,113 posts, read 1,697,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I have always watched his show, even going back to when he was the host of Politically Incorrect. I disagree with 80% of what he says, but he does make me consider the other side of issues more than most liberal pundits. And he is right about the other 20%.

And an interesting point, it is always the left that wants to silence Maher. You never hear of the right trying to stop him from speaking on college campuses and boycotting his show.

Here is the clip that this thread is about...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-EHlj5nAxJM
Except for the time after 9-11 when the Bush White House went after Maher....which was a long time ago.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:49 PM

21,331 posts, read 10,295,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Boycott him and talking about equity and freedom in the same breath ?

The issue I have with Progressives (in general) is that there is no compromise with them.
You either defend them 100% without question or you become the enemy.

Omar turned on fellow Dems with accusations of allegiance to another country and taking bribes to pass laws because of BDS. She refused to apologize. She should have been censured by Congress but that didn't happen.

The squad of Progressives are on the front page of the MSM way too often and with the rest of the Dems walking on eggshells, not commenting or excusing off their behavior it's coming across that the Dem party is turning progressive.

I just don't understand how 4 newbies to Congress can garnish so much attention and indirect power in the press.
Even here you see liberals going after moderates because we're critical of what's going on in the party. They're bullies and revenge politics is their religion.

The more obnoxious they are, the more I think about leaving the party.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Except for the time after 9-11 when the Bush White House went after Maher....which was a long time ago.
Ari Fleischer denounced his statement. Which was an idiotic statement to make in the wake of 9/11.

They didn’t try to have him banned. He was cancelled because advertisers didn't want their companies associated with him after that.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:34 PM

3,316 posts, read 1,778,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You know, as disgraceful as Bill Maher is on many issues (to include wishing for a recession to get rid of President Trump), he's one of my favorite leftists as he's at least willing to tell the truth on many things that most leftists aren't.

He is not a leftist, he's a leftist wannabe who thinks it cool to be one. He is an idiot so full of himself who scolds his audience if they don't laugh at his jokes.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:39 PM

15 posts, read 946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is hilarious. The left breeds mad dogs then is surprised when they bite everyone, not just conservatives.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ras...tion-on-israel

Talib wants to boycott fellow dem, Bill Maher.

I guess Talib's hatred of Jews exceeds her zeal for the dem party. Now that the dem party endorses Talib, they are officially becoming the party of anti-semiticism.
Bill maher does not like sjws and woke types. He has stated this before numerous times.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:59 PM

9,950 posts, read 2,771,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Boycott him and talking about equity and freedom in the same breath ?

The issue I have with Progressives (in general) is that there is no compromise with them.
You either defend them 100% without question or you become the enemy.

Omar turned on fellow Dems with accusations of allegiance to another country and taking bribes to pass laws because of BDS. She refused to apologize. She should have been censured by Congress but that didn't happen.

The squad of Progressives are on the front page of the MSM way too often and with the rest of the Dems walking on eggshells, not commenting or excusing off their behavior it's coming across that the Dem party is turning progressive.

I just don't understand how 4 newbies to Congress can garnish so much attention and indirect power in the press.
Well the BDS thing was to make it so that no public employee can speak ill of Israel which is anti first amendment.

The fact that it has bipartisan support is scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies