U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Status: "You showed me mercy and all I can do is say Thank You." (set 25 days ago)

1,511 posts, read 298,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes at the time the change in immigration policy was motivated by racial animus against the majority rather than motivated by importing future voters.

It may have begun as just that, however, it has certainly morphed into a power grab by loading the country with future Democrat voters. All of the illegals kids (they have double the national average) become freshly minted voters out of thin air.

It's all about power and money, not the betterment of the country. Not even a smidge.

If they cared about the country they'd be doing something about the homeless crisis. Their only contribution was to make it legal for the homeless to camp anywhere they want. THAT isn't a fix, it has made it far worse.

I had a guy lay on the sidewalk in front of my home one night a few weeks ago. It was a first and the cops said they couldn't do anything about it. The new transient laws prevented them from doing anything. Now the guy is camping in the bushes at the bank across the street.

This is getting REALLY BAD!!!

Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM

285 posts, read 33,098 times
They're muslims, they're not white. Rashida is a Palestinian. Of course they will hate Whites and Jews - especially Jews in the case of Rashida. The only people who are pretending to be dumb are White guiltridden liberals who think the world is one giant summer camp where everyone gets along except for those 'meanie' white racists out to ruin everyone's time!

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

12,863 posts, read 3,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I’m confused. Is there a difference?

<edit> I just did some reading on the 1965 Immigration act. Did you ever consider that if the 1924 law wasn’t restricting places where Jews lived (Eastern Europe), and where Catholics lived (Italy), and that it allowed all Europeans to immigrate, that it may have never been changed?

It was kind of stupid to restrict places where many citizens, and government officials originated. Jews and Catholics were already here in large enough numbers to make a difference.
The 1924-1964 law restricted by national origin relative to who was in the US. It only restricted Eastern Europeans and Southern Europeans to the degree they were already represented in the US. It makes perfect sense to me to maintain the balance.

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM

12,863 posts, read 3,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
It may have begun as just that, however, it has certainly morphed into a power grab by loading the country with future Democrat voters. All of the illegals kids (they have double the national average) become freshly minted voters out of thin air.

It's all about power and money, not the betterment of the country. Not even a smidge.

If they cared about the country they'd be doing something about the homeless crisis. Their only contribution was to make it legal for the homeless to camp anywhere they want. THAT isn't a fix, it has made it far worse.

I had a guy lay on the sidewalk in front of my home one night a few weeks ago. It was a first and the cops said they couldn't do anything about it. The new transient laws prevented them from doing anything. Now the guy is camping in the bushes at the bank across the street.

This is getting REALLY BAD!!!
I agree. The side effect is the transformation of the country and I think that was the original intent of the 1965 immigration act.

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 19 days ago)

3,741 posts, read 665,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They're muslims, they're not white. Rashida is a Palestinian. Of course they will hate Whites and Jews - especially Jews in the case of Rashida. The only people who are pretending to be dumb are White guiltridden liberals who think the world is one giant summer camp where everyone gets along except for those 'meanie' white racists out to ruin everyone's time!
I've often wondered about this. Rashida Tlaib is termed a 'woman of color.' She is of Palestinian ancestry. In appearance she reminds me of my 6th grade science teacher, who was Italian. We never thought of my teacher as a 'woman of color.'

Growing up, I had a good friend who was Palestinian, born in Israel and emigrated to the US. I am pretty pale, mostly N. Euro ancestry, and he was just as pale as me. I didn't think of him as a 'man of color.' Is Rashida Tlaib really a 'woman of color?'

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

20,516 posts, read 12,286,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Sorry darlings. Muslims are of all races and I think they are white - there might be Black or Asian blood there - I donít know enough about their families/ but I think white is the race here.

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

3,830 posts, read 756,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I've often wondered about this. Rashida Tlaib is termed a 'woman of color.' She is of Palestinian ancestry. In appearance she reminds me of my 6th grade science teacher, who was Italian. We never thought of my teacher as a 'woman of color.'

Growing up, I had a good friend who was Palestinian, born in Israel and emigrated to the US. I am pretty pale, mostly N. Euro ancestry, and he was just as pale as me. I didn't think of him as a 'man of color.' Is Rashida Tlaib really a 'woman of color?'
Tlaib is Caucasian. The Dems pull this "woman of color" BS for two reasons: one, that's their way of protecting people from criticism, and they want to protect her; and two, they are using it to drive their racism wedge as part of their campaign strategy.

There are really only three races: Caucasian, Mongoloid (Asian), and Negroid (black). It's possible Tlaib has a little black ancestry way back when, but she is primarily white.

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 19 days ago)

3,741 posts, read 665,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Tlaib is Caucasian. The Dems pull this "woman of color" BS for two reasons: one, that's their way of protecting people from criticism, and they want to protect her; and two, they are using it to drive their racism wedge as part of their campaign strategy.

There are really only three races: Caucasian, Mongoloid (Asian), and Negroid (black). It's possible Tlaib has a little black ancestry way back when, but she is primarily white.
Or maybe American Indian???

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

3,830 posts, read 756,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Or maybe American Indian???
Yeah, around 1/1,064!

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM

285 posts, read 33,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Sorry darlings. Muslims are of all races and I think they are white - there might be Black or Asian blood there - I donít know enough about their families/ but I think white is the race here.
Omar is not White, she's a Somali. Rashida is a Palestinian, and while some Palestinians can look "White", Rashida does not, she looks part Black. I'm guessing part of her ancestry is from Gaza, hence she has Egyptian in her (some Black blood). Look at her nose and lips. No one thinks "White woman" with that mug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies