U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 09:20 PM

32,312 posts, read 36,975,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would need more than 1 or 2 guns. There are folks out there with 20-30 guns. You don't have 20-30 cars; why would you have 20-30 guns?
Why do you have 10 fingers? You only need 1 to pick your nose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:16 AM

10,037 posts, read 5,588,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I have not bought a bullet-carrying firearm yet nor do I ever intend to! Now, if I had a Ferrari, my parents might say something like "How did you afford that? What about all those trips to the gas stations?"

Ah! You are one of those phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range types........right?

Old Yesterday, 02:57 AM

1,172 posts, read 205,790 times
Never felt the need to announce or display my purchases. Once ppl know you own a gun, adding another does not get attention.

Now a visible arsenal in your garage every time you back out your car like an old friend has, that gets attention and not always positive. Ppl like to steal guns too.

Old Yesterday, 03:16 AM

758 posts, read 305,846 times
Quote:
It is an option often recommended by experts. Much better than a gun, and legal in all 50 states:
Travis T, I seriously hope you're joking with this whistle thing... How long do you think a harden thug is going to let you blow that whistle BEFORE he cracks your head wide open? Plus, how hard is it going to be blowing a little whistle with a broken jaw? Seriously, have you ever been in a fight as an adult?

You're from my neck of the woods, here in the PNW. If you blew your whistle thinking people will rush to your rescue, I feel bad for you and for you believing in your so called experts. Most people will turn away and walk in a different direction to get away. Others will break out their smart phones... Instead of them calling 911, they will video the assault and post it on YouTube. Maybe, if you're lucky, after a minute or two of you being on the wrong end of an @zz kicking, someone MIGHT say something as stupid as "Stop. You're hurting him." The reason why this is stupid is that it is the goal of a street thug... To hurt you and hurt you badly. Plus, if you work or ever visit downtown Seattle, good luck in having the police there within 8-10 minutes to save you... This is due to the liberal politics AND liberal politicians demonizing the police, as well as the gullible general public believing these lies. Cops today are more reactive than proactive because of these lies.

Think about this a few seconds. Is eight to ten minutes a long time when you're being murdered?

I spent my entire adult life dealing with violent thugs. The most violent of these thugs do understand one thing and one thing only, which is that if their victim is armed, there is a good chance he might fail. So!! With that being said, a smart criminal will move away from a possibly armed person and will simply target a person who truly "believes" in that BS whistle theory. AND yes, these people believing in the almighty whistle do stand out through their passive mannerisms and dress... Which make people, like me, much more safer. So, I do thank you for your commitment in being a passive victim.

Sorry, but I've put my faith in a 9mm pistol that I legally carry concealed. And yes, I'm highly trained with the use of it.

The only thing you got right was that it's, your whistle, is legal in all 50 States and there is a reason why... Because it doesn't work!! Just like voodoo, which is also legal in all 50 States too!!

Old Yesterday, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Never felt the need to announce or display my purchases. Once ppl know you own a gun, adding another does not get attention.

Now a visible arsenal in your garage every time you back out your car like an old friend has, that gets attention and not always positive. Ppl like to steal guns too.

Well, if I pass on, it will be the family cleaning out the house, so they ought to be prepared for it. Otherwise, "Oh, God! I never knew she was into such things."......which might be a good thing for who might turn me in if the stroke of a pen happens...............but that genie is long out of the bottle.

As far as backing out of the car and where the armory is, well, that is why there is .............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5xt2z07ebk

Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

19,609 posts, read 17,644,641 times
If a natural disaster occurs, there are going to be many desperate people out there without means and many will see an opportunity to " get theirs" while the timing is right and " nobody cares". So in any kind of urban or even suburban environment, those with firearms are going to be substantially better off one way or the other. Either they have what they need and can protect it, or they can go out and get what they need and do it by force if necessary. Look at Youtube videos of looters clearing out storm damaged home and looting stores. Some of them deserved to have guns pointed at them.
The police won't protect you, at best they'll try to force you to relocate so you won't be at risk or a risk. And they won't let you have your weapons or anything but the clothes on your back or what you can carry. Yeah, that sounds like a nice proposition.
We're one solar storm away from regional chaos, maybe country wide chaos. Those denouncing gun owners will be the ones screaming for help from the army and the police and unable to defend themselves. Or they'll be the first ones forming mobs to " get theirs."

Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If a natural disaster occurs, there are going to be many desperate people out there without means and many will see an opportunity to " get theirs" while the timing is right and " nobody cares". So in any kind of urban or even suburban environment, those with firearms are going to be substantially better off one way or the other. Either they have what they need and can protect it, or they can go out and get what they need and do it by force if necessary. Look at Youtube videos of looters clearing out storm damaged home and looting stores. Some of them deserved to have guns pointed at them.
The police won't protect you, at best they'll try to force you to relocate so you won't be at risk or a risk. And they won't let you have your weapons or anything but the clothes on your back or what you can carry. Yeah, that sounds like a nice proposition.
We're one solar storm away from regional chaos, maybe country wide chaos. Those denouncing gun owners will be the ones screaming for help from the army and the police and unable to defend themselves. Or they'll be the first ones forming mobs to " get theirs."

One of the things about the ranch is that it is a family and friends bug out location. Now I tend to think more in the terms of others being relocated due to hurricanes and wildfires but if bad times come, there will be guns to fill hands.

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

758 posts, read 305,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Yeah, but many of these people will have their whistles to protect them!!

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 21 days ago)

3,781 posts, read 668,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Yeah, but many of these people will have their whistles to protect them!!
Carrying a loud whistle instead of a gun has been recommended to me by an expert on self-protection. Any gun is more likely to be used to harm yourself or a loved one. No one ever committed suicide with a loud whistle. It's not just me saying this, it's numerous experts.
https://moderncombatandsurvival.com/...omen-and-kids/
Quote:
That’s why I feel every man, woman, and child should carry a whistle with them every single day.
Now I’m NOT talking about one of those rinky-dink “coach’s whistles” we saw in school.
Nowadays you can get a “survival whistle” that’s so freakin’ loud, you could hear it even above the music at a loud rock concert.
Not only will that make any thug crap his pants in shock that something that loud came out of even a smaller woman or child…
… but they’ll quickly realize that anyone within a mile is going to come running to see what the noise is.
That will instantly stop their attack
That said, you need layers of protection these days. That's why I said that electronic security, mastery of dialoguing techniques, pepper spray, and yes, a loud whistle, are all a part of my repertoire.

Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM

10,089 posts, read 4,722,886 times
Quote:
Carrying a loud whistle instead of a gun has been recommended to me by an expert on self-protection. Any gun is more likely to be used to harm yourself or a loved one. No one ever committed suicide with a loud whistle. It's not just me saying this, it's numerous experts.
https://moderncombatandsurvival.com/...omen-and-kids/

That said, you need layers of protection these days. That's why I said that electronic security, mastery of dialoguing techniques, pepper spray, and yes, a loud whistle, are all a part of my repertoire.
Until they laugh and shoot you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies