Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 04:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would need more than 1 or 2 guns. There are folks out there with 20-30 guns. You don't have 20-30 cars; why would you have 20-30 guns?
Ask Jay Leno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 04:09 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
It is an option often recommended by experts. Much better than a gun, and legal in all 50 states:
Nothing stops a burglar in his tracks better than staring down the barrel of a ten gauge shotgun.

And that’s assuming he got by my two German Shepherds who will tear anyone to pieces if not invited into my property.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:11 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
It is an option often recommended by experts. Much better than a gun, and legal in all 50 states:
I disagree. Consider the following scenario:

You are going out to meet an unknown. He intends to do you in. There are 4 possible results to this.

Condition 4: He attacks, you are unprepared for his attack, he gets you.

Condition 3: He attacks, you defend, he may or may not get you.

Condition 2: He attacks and you respond offensively.

Condition 1: It's a strike mission, you were out to get him.

Conclusion: In any engagement with an unknown, response will be set at Condition 2 or Condition 1. Why? It can be assumed that someone ready for fatal conclusions is ready for someone who won't defend or will only defend. He may not be ready for someone who is just as willing to kill as he is.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 08-18-2019 at 04:27 PM..

Old 08-18-2019, 05:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
This is bound to get political very fast so I thought I would put it here.

I could hear the disappointment in his voice, she's gone again, his mind questioning why.

Oh, well! Like it has been said ............. ROMANA (II): One for casual, one for best.

So how about your family?
WHAT?

I have no clue what you are asking or saying?

Old 08-18-2019, 05:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would need more than 1 or 2 guns. There are folks out there with 20-30 guns. You don't have 20-30 cars; why would you have 20-30 guns?
That is solidly none of your business and why should it matter to you if you aren't paying for them?

Just because you don't understand means nothing.

Ok Ill try to enlighten you a tad.

Why more than 1 or 2 pistols?
1. Target and training pistol, shoots 22 long rifle.

2. Personal carry compact 9mm. Self defense

3. Competition pistol 1911

Rifles.
1. Plinker and training rifle for kids. 22 long rifle

2. Deer hunting rifle. 30-06

3. Elk and moose rifle for hunting in places like Wyoming or Alaska 300 ultra

4. Varmint rifle. 22-250. hunting woodchucks and prairie dogs.

Shot guns.
1. Field grade for small game hunting like rabbits, grouse, pheasants , turkeys

2. Skeet gun or trap gun. for shooting clay birds.

Hope this has answered your question.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:55 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
We DO NOT tolerate any firearms in my household. I have an excellent security system, and good insurance in the unlikely event of intruders. Outside the house, I carry pepper spray and a loud whistle as my self-protection. And I have received training in dialoguing techniques to deal with unruly strangers.
So if someone breaks in you’ll sit them down and give them a good talking to? Yep, nothing else deters violence like a tongue lashing. (Will you offer them tea as well?)

Seriously, can you tell us more? I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
We DO NOT tolerate any firearms in my household. I have an excellent security system, and good insurance in the unlikely event of intruders. Outside the house, I carry pepper spray and a loud whistle as my self-protection. And I have received training in dialoguing techniques to deal with unruly strangers.
Yes in a Utopia all the above will work. Like Boxer saying all the police have to do is put their guns down and the bad guys will too. Hahahaha

I'm sorry but your post is a bit comical. I have never met a bully that could or would be reasoned with. The same is true of most thugs. Do you honestly believe that Michael Brown would have been intimidated by a loud whistle? He attacked a police officer with no concern about consequences. All your measures work great with rational reasonable people.. Dialog techniques? lmao.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So if someone breaks in you’ll sit them down and give them a good talking to? Yep, nothing else deters violence like a tongue lashing. (Will you offer them tea as well?)

Yeah I want to know more as well.

Listen I know you were intent upon robbery, maybe a touch of rape and likely a fantasy of vandalism while you are here, but can we talk about it first? I can see that you are feeling tense. Let's have a sip of tea together, shall we?

So tell me about your childhood. Did you feel loved?

LMAO

Old 08-18-2019, 06:06 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:

You should put a sign in your front yard that says that. That should probably stop the armed intruders and keep you safer. Advertising a place as a gun-free zone. What a great idea. Why haven't we thought of that sooner??!

Old 08-18-2019, 06:08 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

Maybe Travis has a rock or a knife or a hammer. We are constantly told that you don't need a gun to kill somebody because guns are just a "tool" like these other items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies