U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

8,375 posts, read 1,955,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Frankly, I don't understand why anyone would need more than 1 or 2 guns. There are folks out there with 20-30 guns. You don't have 20-30 cars; why would you have 20-30 guns?
Who are you to determine what anyone "needs?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM

30,231 posts, read 15,711,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Who are you to determine what anyone "needs?"
Much of the left feels everything is the property of the government, and they want to decided how it's rationed out.

Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM

8,375 posts, read 1,955,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Much of the left feels everything is the property of the government, and they want to decided how it's rationed out.
The right is every bit as guilty as the left about that.

Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM

35,768 posts, read 32,511,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Those .45-70s are ass kickers. The shells have a trajectory like a basketball, though. It is surprising how little kick they have with that massive bullet- real fun to shoot.
All the more reason to have a gas operated AR in .45 with a brake on it. .45 raptor is a semi auto .45-70 with max loads.

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The right is every bit as guilty as the left about that.
Keep telling yourself that Sparky.

Although the GOP passes a whole lot of leftist policies, that doesn't mean the right believes in it.

The GOP, for the most part, is the lesser of the big government evils.

Whenever a true conservative sticks out his neck, the press and the big government Republicans grab an axe.

Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
All the more reason to have a gas operated AR in .45 with a brake on it. .45 raptor is a semi auto .45-70 with max loads.
.45-70, when you want the people in the next county to know you're at the range.

Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM

67,189 posts, read 34,209,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
This is bound to get political very fast so I thought I would put it here.

I could hear the disappointment in his voice, she's gone again, his mind questioning why.

Oh, well! Like it has been said ............. ROMANA (II): One for casual, one for best.

So how about your family?

I make my own if I want a different caliber. The modern sporting rifle has put all my old bolt actions in retirement. I hunt, eliminate varmints, and plink with my modern sporting rifles.

Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

9,105 posts, read 2,586,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Those .45-70s are ass kickers. The shells have a trajectory like a basketball, though. It is surprising how little kick they have with that massive bullet- real fun to shoot.
Back in 2010 I bought my brother a Marlin 1895 cowboy with the octagon barrel. 45-70. We have more fun shooting that than any of us ever imagined. LOL he put a Creedmoor Sight on it and lobs rounds out to 500 yards. I consider that my favorite rifle that I ever bought, just for how much fun it is to shoot.. Good thing that we reload because it is also expensive to shoot. LOL

Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,401,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

So how about your family?
My wife thinks guns are for paranoid, unintelligent, hillbilly, Fox News watchers. Glad you asked.

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM

9,105 posts, read 2,586,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
My wife thinks guns are for paranoid, unintelligent, hillbilly, Fox News watchers. Glad you asked.
Your wife is certainly entitled to her opinions regardless of how ignorant they might be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies