U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM

2,914 posts, read 1,240,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
We DO NOT tolerate any firearms in my household. I have an excellent security system, and good insurance in the unlikely event of intruders. Outside the house, I carry pepper spray and a loud whistle as my self-protection. And I have received training in dialoguing techniques to deal with unruly strangers.
Well good luck with that. Maybe you can humor an armed burglar while you stand there in your tighty whities at 3am with a whistle and pepper spray while he has a Glock pointed in your face.

I keep a Sig 9mm next to my bed and am licensed to conceal carry. I will whenever I feel the need. I would rather have it and not need it versus the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM

7,509 posts, read 2,705,569 times
What does IQ have to do with gun ownership? Anyone with a high IQ would laugh at that notion.

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,401,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Your wife is certainly entitled to her opinions regardless of how ignorant they might be.
There's no ignorance. We live in Wisconsin. There's no crime here. People don't even close their garage doors at night, or take their keys out of their cars, let alone lock their doors. Having a gun around would simply be foolish & asking for trouble. Guns are for people afraid of the boogeyman. And then gun owners end up accidentally shooting themselves.

3,800 people died in a 5 year span from accidentally shooting themselves..

Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM

2,914 posts, read 1,240,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Guns are for people afraid of the boogeyman. And then gun owners end up accidentally shooting themselves.
Hmm. Tell that to the families of the people that get shot up.

Compiling Cases where concealed handgun permit holders have stopped mass public shootings and other mass attacks

https://crimeresearch.org/2019/05/ub...blic-shooting/

Gun owners that shoot themselves probably shouldn't have had a firearm to begin with.

Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM

10,018 posts, read 5,583,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A divorce or a sit down on who wears the pants and who wears the skirt.
This looks like a good place to check back in at.

One of the things I like about the skirts is being able to wear a thigh holster under a split one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
.........I keep a Sig 9mm next to my bed and am licensed to conceal carry. I will whenever I feel the need. I would rather have it and not need it versus the other way around.
Sort of the line of thought I have when I am traveling across country and have a rifle in addition. In this nutty, unstable world of ours, I don't want to be out of home field without it, if I am calling the shots.

Admittedly, the member of the family I told was the one I was traveling with recently and despite being career Army, still saw what I was carrying as a weapon of war. I didn't tell him that the new one was another one, but I think he knew that it was.....what is a semi automatic rifle to me was a weapon of war to him.

Having such experience, how could he think so? As to why did I say at all? I suppose most of us have a need to share our lives, of what we do, with our family, yes?

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; Yesterday at 10:55 PM..

Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Status: "Hey I thought this was the train to Margaritaville?" (set 29 days ago)

11,997 posts, read 15,630,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Those .45-70s are ass kickers. The shells have a trajectory like a basketball, though. It is surprising how little kick they have with that massive bullet- real fun to shoot.
Oh no. I’ve got some rounds for her that will kick you like a Jersey cow, lol.

Old Today, 06:09 AM

2,432 posts, read 659,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
We DO NOT tolerate any firearms in my household. I have an excellent security system, and good insurance in the unlikely event of intruders. Outside the house, I carry pepper spray and a loud whistle as my self-protection. And I have received training in dialoguing techniques to deal with unruly strangers.
Pepper spray and whistle with dialoguing CD come wrapped in a white flag?

Unruly strangers should be terrified.....

Old Today, 06:15 AM

8,681 posts, read 8,588,080 times
Quote:
There's no ignorance. We live in Wisconsin. There's no crime here. People don't even close their garage doors at night, or take their keys out of their cars, let alone lock their doors. Having a gun around would simply be foolish & asking for trouble. Guns are for people afraid of the boogeyman. And then gun owners end up accidentally shooting themselves.

3,800 people died in a 5 year span from accidentally shooting themselves..
Tell that to Jayme Closs........

Old Today, 09:00 AM

1,244 posts, read 425,297 times
When I brought home my Savage in 6.5x284 Norma ,My son came up and mounted the rings, base and the sweet Leopold scope and zeroed it at 300yds .A day later the rest of the Family came up for the Fourth of July.
I have a 1760 yd range [one mile] .A 6ft x 4ft steel plate with a 2 ft white dot in the middle on the far hill,We meaning nearly all ,spent the day ringing steel.
ps.took about 8 seconds from the shot to hearing the ring.

Old Today, 09:47 AM

5,821 posts, read 4,821,708 times
Quote:
There's no ignorance. We live in Wisconsin. There's no crime here. People don't even close their garage doors at night, or take their keys out of their cars, let alone lock their doors.

A man who would leave his home unlocked while his loved ones slept in their beds at night is not very bright. A man should protect his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies