Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:53 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,339,801 times

Advertisements

He hardly mentions it, while his adversaries are obsessed with ‘whiteness’ and ‘white privilege.’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-i...ce-11566158729

Old 08-18-2019, 05:56 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
He hardly mentions it, while his adversaries are obsessed with ‘whiteness’ and ‘white privilege.’

Some of the candidates literally had to fire many of their white staffers.

Why?

Because they're white!!! THAT is the definition of racism and illegal in the private sector!

Several of them came out and begged forgiveness for their white skin! LIKE WTF?

The Diversity Delusion is a sickness.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:01 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,456 times
Racism is a sport of the DNC nowadays.

Oh wait...it always has been.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:03 PM

43,052 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Glad to see some waking up.

Honestly for all this "racial divide" I just don't see it around me.
No one is calling me a racist or supremacist.
Folks of all walks of life being nice, chatting, holding doors, etc.

But to watch the MSM or listen to our politicians you'd think we're at each other's throats all over America and on the verge of a Civil War and only they can help us.

I see more exhibits of racism coming from our own government.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:53 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,288 times
Agreed, it isn't Trump that rushes to the race card its the left and left leaning MSM.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:55 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
Someone else's crappy life is not my fault and I will NOT feel guilty for any of it.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:59 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post

I do agree with something....in a sense. The one thing I have learned about "black leaders" is that they are not really all that much for black people if the average white person likes them when they are alive. The way it has been (might not be as much that way today...but its still true) is that if the average white person did not like a black leader.....THEN I SHOULD. If white people really like you, as a black leader, your pretty much are not doing things for black people.

In the same way......Trump has said some things sure enough, however, what might really be pulling whites to his camp is the contempt that the left has for him and how he is seen as a racist by the left. If the average person on the left thought Trump was ok.....he would probably would not really be doing things that the right really wants. If blacks thought Trump was ok.....racist would likely not be as attracted to Trump because blacks think he is ok. A great appeal of Trump, to many, may simply be that people think he is racist. I mean, what has trump really done for white males that would make them rally behind him so much? It might be that they feel he is doing something AGAINST "people of color" (I hate using that phrase).....given that they dislike him so much.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:23 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I do agree with something....in a sense. The one thing I have learned about "black leaders" is that they are not really all that much for black people if the average white person likes them when they are alive. The way it has been (might not be as much that way today...but its still true) is that if the average white person did not like a black leader.....THEN I SHOULD. If white people really like you, as a black leader, your pretty much are not doing things for black people.

In the same way......Trump has said some things sure enough, however, what might really be pulling whites to his camp is the contempt that the left has for him and how he is seen as a racist by the left. If the average person on the left thought Trump was ok.....he would probably would not really be doing things that the right really wants. If blacks thought Trump was ok.....racist would likely not be as attracted to Trump because blacks think he is ok. A great appeal of Trump, to many, may simply be that people think he is racist. I mean, what has trump really done for white males that would make them rally behind him so much? It might be that they feel he is doing something AGAINST "people of color" (I hate using that phrase).....given that they dislike him so much.
Trump and the GOP have never done anything specifically for whites. That's not the GOP philosophy to do things specifically just for the white populace, instead to treat the populace as one. They have just not insulted and scapegoated white as much as Democrats. Also they have done more things we find agreeable and less that we don't in general.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Folks like to blame the President of the USA -- not just Trump -- but Obama, Bush, etc. for racism

But it's most of you ordinary folks who are the racists.

You do it all by yourselves.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:36 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Folks like to blame the President of the USA -- not just Trump -- but Obama, Bush, etc. for racism

But it's most of you ordinary folks who are the racists.

You do it all by yourselves.
I can agree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.