U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

9,196 posts, read 8,066,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Class? Trump mocks disabled, uses insulting labels like Pocahontas, slams people based on their God given appearances, lies his head off, threatens violence to rally protesters, admits to grabbing cat and you expect class from those who have no respect for the dude?

Speaking for myself, yes. I would expect it, but I'm sadly not surprised to see otherwise.

I don't lower my standards based on the actions of others. Right is right and wrong is wrong. That someone else fails to hold themselves to a reasonable standard is simply irrelevant.

"When they go low, we go high." Remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

17,959 posts, read 11,389,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
No big deal, just a simulated assassination of President Trump ..

Check out these photos of an attendee at a fundraiser for Democratic Illinois State Sen. Martin Sandoval simulating an assassination of President Donald Trump:

https://twitter.com/MarkMaxwellTV/st...057856/photo/1

These are strange, ugly times, on both sides. I am not particularly proud of American right now, and worry about our future.

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

46,829 posts, read 34,444,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Anyone remember the Rodeo Clown Outrage?
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rage-apologies

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

1,198 posts, read 258,289 times
Is it really any different than gun clubs using Obama-like images for target practice? Free speech and all that.

Assassinating a democratically-elected President is completely unacceptable. If said President were to overthrow the constitution, however, then that would be entirely different...

Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM

32,905 posts, read 16,844,057 times
FTR: I consider Trump the biggest embarrassment to ever hold the office, but that right there? Not okay.

Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM

9,196 posts, read 8,066,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Is it really any different than gun clubs using Obama-like images for target practice? Free speech and all that.

Assassinating a democratically-elected President is completely unacceptable. If said President were to overthrow the constitution, however, then that would be entirely different...

Unless the person who owns/operates that gun club is also an elected official at the state level or above, yes, it is quite different.

Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM

1,827 posts, read 368,397 times
I'm sure CNN and MSNBC will be blabbing about "violent rhetoric" for the next 72 hours, right?

Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Class? Trump mocks disabled, uses insulting labels like Pocahontas, slams people based on their God given appearances, lies his head off, threatens violence to rally protesters, admits to grabbing cat and you expect class from those who have no respect for the dude?
The only problem is that Trump has not "mocked disabled." That would be President Obama:

Quote:
But as a mother and special education teacher, Thompson said, internally she was crushed by the president’s insensitivity. She knows how destructive such stereotypes can be, and it infuriated her that an organization dedicated to empowering millions of people with developmental disabilities would be reduced to a late-night punch line.

“My heart just sank,” she said. “To have the president make a comment like that when we’re working so hard to change hearts and minds is just devastating.” While appearing on “The Tonight Show” to tout his economic plan, Obama -- who famously rolled a gutter ball while trying to woo primary voters last year -- told Leno that he had been practicing in the White House bowling alley and recently scored an unimpressive 129.

“It’s like -- it was like Special Olympics or something,” the president said, prompting laughter from the audience.
Link: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...s21-story.html

And as far as inciting supporters to violence, it was Obama who exhorted his followers to bring a gun to a fight with Republicans, not President Trump.

Link: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/br...a-knife-fight/

Any other lies for us today BucFan?

Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
Status: "You showed me mercy and all I can do is say Thank You." (set 25 days ago)

1,512 posts, read 298,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i do.

this won't get one-millionth the attention that one did..

State senator apologizes after mock Trump assassination photos surface

That's another thing I'm getting sick of. The left knows they can be as outrageous as they wish and a simple half-hearted apology fixes everything.

Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
That's another thing I'm getting sick of. The left knows they can be as outrageous as they wish and a simple half-hearted apology fixes everything.
Yup. And if this had been done by a Republican, the media/DNC (same entity) would be demanding every Republican in America denounce the hateful rhetoric. As it stands, this will just be flushed down the memory hole, like anything else that exposes the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies