Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 08:25 AM

732 posts, read 390,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Humanoid robots have yet to cross the Uncanny Valley; most people will find them disturbing.
You know, I've always wondered about that. Why don't they make those silicon dummies to look more like, let's say, an Avatar alien. I would think that the buyers could fetishize robots or aliens just as easily, and you don't run into the problem of making perfectly re-created humans.

In the final analysis, I have a funny feeling that any news release like this is still just talking about a mannequin with a cassette deck in it saying things like 'OH BABY, I JUST LOVE MEN WITH A LITTLE MEAT ON THEIR BONES'.

Make a tolerably accurate human with a brain and some agility, and you've got bigger social changes than just some guy who loves him some android booty, although I admit that the million year long seller's market that women live in might have a bit of an upheaval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 08:37 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
You know, I've always wondered about that. Why don't they make those silicon dummies to look more like, let's say, an Avatar alien. I would think that the buyers could fetishize robots or aliens just as easily, and you don't run into the problem of making perfectly re-created humans.

In the final analysis, I have a funny feeling that any news release like this is still just talking about a mannequin with a cassette deck in it saying things like 'OH BABY, I JUST LOVE MEN WITH A LITTLE MEAT ON THEIR BONES'.

Make a tolerably accurate human with a brain and some agility, and you've got bigger social changes than just some guy who loves him some android booty, although I admit that the million year long seller's market that women live in might have a bit of an upheaval.
You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcN4Gm8tzM

Old 08-19-2019, 08:44 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,272,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post

You can actually custom order pretty much whatever you want, for a price. You're not limited to 100% anthropomorphic forms, I'm sure if you wanted weird skin tones more breasts, penises (for male dolls) or fur it could be accommodated (hygiene permitting).

Half these things are stylized anyway, looking facially like Sailor moon, on the body of Jessica Rabbit.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:26 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,004 times
What about intersex and the full spectrum of the LGBTQIA for robots?

Old 08-19-2019, 09:36 AM

8,481 posts, read 6,884,817 times
Can you purchase a harem? Endless possibilities I suppose.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:37 AM

732 posts, read 390,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You can actually custom order pretty much whatever you want, for a price. You're not limited to 100% anthropomorphic forms, I'm sure if you wanted weird skin tones more breasts, penises (for male dolls) or fur it could be accommodated (hygiene permitting).

Half these things are stylized anyway, looking facially like Sailor moon, on the body of Jessica Rabbit.
I'll have to look around for that, all the ones I see the breathless news articles on attempt to closely mimic humans.

It's an interesting design challenge, one of the largest really, but it's hard to be amazed by people-shaped dummies with a speaker...although there are some real people that are like that to be sure.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:42 AM

934 posts, read 402,454 times
Sex robot thread again. I guess that's another job Americans don't want to do.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:05 AM

11,343 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No reason they cant make male AI sex robots. No more domestic violence, cheating, drunkenness, erectile dysfunction, cleaning up after a man, cooking for a man, washing dirty drawers. Women could have sex when they wanted, not being dry humped while they are doing dishes or having a pecker poke in the back side at 2:00 am when they are sleeping. No accidental pregnancy. An AI that will actually listen and agree with everything you like, watch chick flicks with you and cuddle while you read your fav book.
Until Skynet becomes self aware.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:15 AM

52,232 posts, read 52,648,334 times
I would never ever ever get a sex robot/doll.

It's beyond repugnant to me. If someone is into that, fine, I guess. I'll take a giant pass, thank you.

As flawed and dysfunctional the human species are/is. I'd still rather deal with a real person.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:24 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
As robotic technology advances and eventually becomes more human like. Will it have a major affect on human interaction and intimacy. Would most men basically say “I would rather have a female robot, she is a better companion than any human woman ever was. When I come home she's there. She never complains. I am very fortunate to have her.”
There are certainly men I hope go this route. Good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies