U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 11:05 AM

9,224 posts, read 8,077,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Low interest rates were a purpose of QE. But low interest is not QE.

Low rates are the new norm for modern and successful central banks world over.

Central banks are certainly part of any economy, and they set rates. For good or bad there is nothing artificial about that policy.

This guy/gal gets it.

Reps to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 11:58 AM

9,524 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
So you are saying the economy now is as weak as it was under Obama. Well at least you admit it.
Obama walked into his mess, but Trump is part of why we are where we are. Big difference.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so trump wants to pull an Obama...
Nope. Obama wasn't president when the recession of 2008 happened. Try again. This time it's Trump's own policies that he wants the Fed to save him from.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The interest rate is still artificially low. Because someone said they quit QE doesn't mean it's true.
I think interest rates should be raised personally. Let the chips fall where they may. Quit penalizing the savers. Not everybody wants to be bullied into joining the stock market, which is manipulated by corporations anyway.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:00 PM

9,224 posts, read 8,077,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Obama walked into his mess, but Trump is part of why we are where we are. Big difference.

Couldn't rep you again, yet.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Trump is asking that the Fed LOWER RATES. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA DID.

Obama spent $10 trillion to pump up the economy, cut interest rates to zero, and bailed out the banks.

Is that what you want Trump to do????

Libs have a very short memory and simply don't like Trump, but appear to love his policies, as they loved the same actions when Obama did them.
I didn't like that Obama did all that, FYI. You'll never find a post of mine that supported Obama's bailouts.
Ever. Trump wants the Fed to lower interest rates and bring back quantitative easing because of his dumb ass tariffs that are hurting farmers and consumers. Obama didn't even have any policies when he stepped in as it all happened prior to his election.

No, I don't want any bailouts for anybody at any time.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:56 PM

341 posts, read 41,898 times
Quote:
So you are saying the economy now is as weak as it was under Obama. Well at least you admit it.

You are trying to misrepresent what that poster said. The poster you quoted didnt say that..YOU did.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:59 PM

9,328 posts, read 2,848,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
You are trying to misrepresent what that poster said. The poster you quoted didnt say that..YOU did.
The poster said what I said he said, without him realizing it.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:05 PM

341 posts, read 41,898 times
Quote:
The poster said what I said he said, without him realizing it.

That poster did not mention Obama or the economy. YOU are the one that mentioned those 2 terms. fail.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:10 PM

9,328 posts, read 2,848,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
That poster did not mention Obama or the economy.
I actually quoted him in the post under discussion ... which tells me you didn't read a thing. Here is the quote of his I responded to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Trump is asking that the Fed LOWER RATES. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT OBAMA DID.

Obama spent $10 trillion to pump up the economy, cut interest rates to zero, and bailed out the banks.

Is that what you want Trump to do????

Libs have a very short memory and simply don't like Trump, but appear to love his policies, as they loved the same actions when Obama did them.
The word "Obama" appears 3 times, and the word "economy" appears once. Elsewhere in the quote he was clearly referring to the economy.

So you are clearly, factually wrong that that poster did not mention Obama or the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or