U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 06:15 PM

9,193 posts, read 2,611,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Republicans worked with them to sell us out on trade deals.
No doubt about it and that is why I am an Independent. In this case it is the democrats crying about Tariffs. We played nice with the Chinese and we got screwed for it. We have played nice since Bill Clinton made their dreams come true. Now we the common people paid for all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 12:17 PM

4,006 posts, read 1,888,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No doubt about it and that is why I am an Independent. In this case it is the democrats crying about Tariffs. We played nice with the Chinese and we got screwed for it. We have played nice since Bill Clinton made their dreams come true. Now we the common people paid for all that.
It's sad that the only thing our two pathetic sides have "successfully" worked together on is selling out the common American to globalization, the NWO and creation of easily exploitable slave populations and pollution on an insane global scale.

It goes back further than Clinton as well.

Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM

4,756 posts, read 3,668,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You have a CHOICE to spend more to buy that new electronic doodad.

Do you think we should lower corporate taxes to reduce the amount consumers pay or are you only concerned when it's Chinese products?
Sure, s-end more on equal or slightly better. Youíre paying the difference, not china. So you pay for your choice. Itís a tax on your choice. Lol.

Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM

9,033 posts, read 7,850,680 times
Rich people maybe, but the average person, BS. Its just lies and politics.

Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,488,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Heck, I don't even buy $1000 wroth of Chinese crap a year, so there no way the tariffs are costing me much.
Somewhere along the supply chain of finished American product is something made in China. US manufacturers of all kinds of products use parts made in China.

Old Today, 09:48 AM

14,595 posts, read 8,044,724 times
So if China is absorbing the tariffs why has Trump postponed the September tariffs so it doesn't affect the Christmas shopping season?

I've noticed a sharp increase in food, and gas prices are high here. I don't think it has anything to do with the tariffs on China, but if those tariffs kick in along with the increase with food and gas? Try finding anything that isn't made in China today.

Old Today, 09:53 AM

12,021 posts, read 15,659,572 times
The tariffs are hammering farmers and WalMart shoppers.

I find it utterly mind blowing that Trump supporters on this board are so blind to the fact their own core constituents are bearing the brunt, and most gleefully so.

Old Today, 11:13 AM

218 posts, read 45,878 times
China rising in power, leaving America in the dust. Is becoming the most powerful country in the world, and nothing Trump can do to stop it.

Old Today, 11:41 AM

13,378 posts, read 4,589,850 times
Not costing me anything

Old Today, 03:54 PM

479 posts, read 213,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The tariffs are hammering farmers and WalMart shoppers.

I find it utterly mind blowing that Trump supporters on this board are so blind to the fact their own core constituents are bearing the brunt, and most gleefully so.
Yep, gleefully so. I would gladly pay 1000/yr to avoid having to learn to speak Chinese. I will never support a country that cheers & high fives their work force for thievery (I.P. theft) or sends fentanyl as a source of income, no different than the drug lords of S. America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or