U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 05:42 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
3,741 posts, read 661,783 times
Reputation: 1190

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/19/us/ny...leo/index.html

Here's another piece on the story. According to CNN, he will lose his pension if the decision stands. That seems pretty unusual. We've had 2 sheriff's deputies here convicted of murder, and still kept their pensions.

 
Old Today, 06:02 PM
 
52,390 posts, read 42,133,031 times
Reputation: 32710
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Unionized government employees stick together--especially those with taxpayer funded pensions.
The large urban police forces also often get cover because of their political associations.

There is a hesitancy to go hard after some mayors because of rocking the boat and all that jazz.
 
Old Today, 06:41 PM
 
11,500 posts, read 7,427,771 times
Reputation: 4647
He killed a man for selling cigarettes. He should be in jail for murder.
 
Old Today, 06:47 PM
 
3,404 posts, read 1,758,955 times
Reputation: 5417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
He killed a man for selling cigarettes. He should be in jail for murder.
Well luckily he had a grand jury that heard all the evidence and they decided not to indict him. The feds also had copies of his grand jury testimony and decided not charge him too. So just because you believe he committed murder a panel of community members heard the truth and made a decision that was based on evidence!
 
Old Today, 06:54 PM
 
11,500 posts, read 7,427,771 times
Reputation: 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Well luckily he had a grand jury that heard all the evidence and they decided not to indict him. The feds also had copies of his grand jury testimony and decided not charge him too. So just because you believe he committed murder a panel of community members heard the truth and made a decision that was based on evidence!
A jury thought OJ was innocent, too. He choked a man for selling cigarettes. Jail is where he should rot.
 
Old Today, 06:59 PM
 
3,404 posts, read 1,758,955 times
Reputation: 5417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
A jury thought OJ was innocent, too. He choked a man for selling cigarettes. Jail is where he should rot.
Thank you for your opinion. However it means nothing regarding this case.
 
Old Today, 07:02 PM
 
11,500 posts, read 7,427,771 times
Reputation: 4647
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Thank you for your opinion. However it means nothing regarding this case.
He got fired. One less murderous cop roaming the streets.
 
Old Today, 07:06 PM
 
Location: Dublin, OH
2,560 posts, read 3,463,511 times
Reputation: 1606
This man choked an unarmed man to death and all he gets is fired...he should have been prosecuted for manslaughter.
I'm sorry, if there is no weapon on an individual, and a cop kills said individual, then that cop committed murder...it's plain and simple to me.
 
Old Today, 07:11 PM
 
1,105 posts, read 406,174 times
Reputation: 1857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This man choked an unarmed man to death and all he gets is fired...he should have been prosecuted for manslaughter.
I'm sorry, if there is no weapon on an individual, and a cop kills said individual, then that cop committed murder...it's plain and simple to me.

A grand jury and the Dept of Justice chose not to indict...must have been plain and simple to them that Pantanelo did not commit murder.


He was fired only to satisfy the BLM crowd.
 
Old Today, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Dublin, OH
2,560 posts, read 3,463,511 times
Reputation: 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I 100% defend Pantaleo in this case. He did nothing wrong and he is a scapegoat!
The choke hold he used was banned by the NYPD who he worked for...how then can you say with a straight face he did "nothing wrong"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top