Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:36 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times

Advertisements

I think the NYPD made the right call here in my honest opinion. Not for nothing, Daniel Pantanelo lost the publics trust and he lost the NYPD trust. Even though Eric Garner resisted arrest, and head health conditions like asthma and diabetes. The compression applied pressure and assisted in his death.

What do you guys think about Pantanelo firing? Also for those who are happy Pantanelo is fired. Their is nothing to be happy about or demanding one deserves it. This type of event panatanelo will have to learn how to navigate from.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKCN1V91E2

Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,982,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I think the NYPD made the right call here in my honest opinion. Not for nothing, Daniel Pantanelo lost the publics trust and he lost the NYPD trust. Even though Eric Garner resisted arrest, and head health conditions like asthma and diabetes. The compression applied pressure and assisted in his death.

What do you guys think about Pantanelo firing? Also for those who are happy Pantanelo is fired. Their is nothing to be happy about or demanding one deserves it. This type of event panatanelo will have to learn how to navigate from.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKCN1V91E2

...how does eric garner 'navigate' from this...

Old 08-19-2019, 12:43 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
How fast we forget what a crime-ridden h*llhole NYC was in the 70s/80s before the NYPD began cracking heads. NYC was so bad it was losing population for the first time in its history before the crime was brought into control sometime in the 90s.

All NYPD officers should show solidarity with their brother and not show up to work. Paralyze that city and clown that idiotic mayor. These White latte sipping liberals will quickly run away when crime goes through the roof.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:55 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
How fast we forget what a crime-ridden h*llhole NYC was in the 70s/80s before the NYPD began cracking heads. NYC was so bad it was losing population for the first time in its history before the crime was brought into control sometime in the 90s.

All NYPD officers should show solidarity with their brother and not show up to work. Paralyze that city and clown that idiotic mayor. These White latte sipping liberals will quickly run away when crime goes through the roof.
What issue do you take with this?

Old 08-19-2019, 12:58 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What issue do you take with this?
That he was fired. Isn’t that obvious ? He shouldn’t be even disciplined. His actions were in line with a big guy resisting arrest.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:59 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
That he was fired. Isn’t that obvious ? He shouldn’t be even disciplined. His actions were in line with a big guy resisting arrest.
Why not?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:06 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
No common sense, no guts, no concern for others, itching to kill/hurt at the first opportunity. Those are 4 must haves for an ideal cop in the right wing "law&order" asylum.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:13 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
I’m still wondering why a choke hold was necessary. Is there an epidemic of people selling single cigarettes and crippling the economy cigarettes sold by the pack?

I would make a horrible police officer as there is no way I am wrestling with a guy over a single cigarette. All that just so someone else can take his place 10 min later and start selling them, there must be a market around there and I’m sure it would have been taken care of quickly.

Sometimes our laws are designed to protect an industry and taxes and not to serve the people. Still puzzling why people cheer for such stupid laws.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:16 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
IDK. It's all a joke now. Everyone caves under pressure. I thought these guys were all cleared after an intensive and thorough investigation?
If that's the case, it's pretty messed up to fire the guy now because of some ball breaking.
I don't like cops, generally speaking. They're not all bad, and more than likely this guy was some bonehead jackass on a power trip but if he was cleared of any wrong doing then he should not be fired now all of a sudden.
It's like winning lotto, collecting the money, and then having to give it back because a whole bunch of other people are upset because they didn't win it. Maybe I'm way off base because I really didn't follow this incident or case at all.
Just picked up bits and pieces via chance but I was under the impression all involved were legally cleared.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:34 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
IDK. It's all a joke now. Everyone caves under pressure. I thought these guys were all cleared after an intensive and thorough investigation?
If that's the case, it's pretty messed up to fire the guy now because of some ball breaking.
I don't like cops, generally speaking. They're not all bad, and more than likely this guy was some bonehead jackass on a power trip but if he was cleared of any wrong doing then he should not be fired now all of a sudden.
It's like winning lotto, collecting the money, and then having to give it back because a whole bunch of other people are upset because they didn't win it. Maybe I'm way off base because I really didn't follow this incident or case at all.
Just picked up bits and pieces via chance but I was under the impression all involved were legally cleared.
Because going WWE over a single cigarette is not what most people want from a cop. It was a judgement call and the cop got it wrong by escalating the matter. What city wants to risk sending this guy out to make another Judgement call? Why should a city take the risk? Why should a police force gamble that he won’t choke someone else for throwing a candy wrapper on the ground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies