U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:15 AM

9,367 posts, read 4,266,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Actually, there was an American evangelical called Scott Lively who lent his support for Uganda's punitive laws against LGBT people:

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/.../scott-lively/
I'm familiar with him. A lot of American fundamentalist preachers were "off the record" supportive of Uganda's kill-the-gays law. Kevin Swanson is another one and he's actually pretty prominent. Most of them prefer a more Russia-style law, leaving homosexuality legal but having it heavily discouraged by the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:42 AM

30,276 posts, read 16,811,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm familiar with him. A lot of American fundamentalist preachers were "off the record" supportive of Uganda's kill-the-gays law. Kevin Swanson is another one and he's actually pretty prominent. Most of them prefer a more Russia-style law, leaving homosexuality legal but having it heavily discouraged by the state.
Many of them are supportive of such. And it's OUR missionaries who have stressed the issue.

That said, I don't want my tax dollars going to Palestine either.

Why should I pay billions because Israel and Palestine can't work out their differences? They have had years and years to work out some agreement and neither side will budge.

Old Today, 09:50 AM

32,357 posts, read 33,255,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Many of them are supportive of such. And it's OUR missionaries who have stressed the issue.

Why should I pay billions because Israel and Palestine can't work out their differences? They have had years and years to work out some agreement and neither side will budge.
Israel has budged plenty over the years. But the Palestinian Arabs refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist. Israel is a tolerant country that allows the LGBT community to live freely which isn't the case in the West Bank or Gaza.

Old Today, 10:17 AM

52,403 posts, read 42,142,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
OmarTlaib take the LGBTQ side on this, but of course take a shot at Israel:

“Pretending that this act somehow balances or mitigates Israel violating the dignity & rights of Palestinians - or undermines case for defending Palestinian rights - is deplorable!”

https://www.advocate.com/politics/20...ests-west-bank
Lol....but...but....Israel!

My view on Palestine is that they are still at war with Israel and are losing.

So, basically Palestine relies on useful idiots and fellow muslims that believe and propagate jewish tropes to try to pressure Israel for not being nicer to Palestine who still says they want to wipe out Israel.

It's like having to hear why we weren't "nicer" to the Japanese while they were still launching Kamikaze attacks on our ships and killing thousands of Chinese\Korean etc. civilians daily.

Old Today, 10:18 AM

52,403 posts, read 42,142,715 times
Quote:
I can 100% get behind not providing $$$ to either of those countries....or many others for that matter.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

8,116 posts, read 4,462,651 times
Err, "The orange man made them do it." Failing that, "They're fronting for Christian fundies."

They will not own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Old Today, 10:20 AM

1,827 posts, read 368,397 times
Quote:

Since you're an open borders Democrat, why does it matter to you if your tax money goes to them when they're in the Middle East or here in America?

Old Today, 10:23 AM

8,116 posts, read 4,462,651 times
Not at all, surprised. Johnnie, maybe Joanie, one note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Whataboutism, Whataboutism, Whataboutism...

Old Today, 10:31 AM

27,545 posts, read 19,357,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What about conservative Christian countries that execute gay people like Uganda? You don't hear a peep out of Republicans about that.
how many gays were lawfully executed in Uganda?

spoiler:

Spoiler
zero

Old Today, 10:40 AM

30,276 posts, read 16,811,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Since you're an open borders Democrat, why does it matter to you if your tax money goes to them when they're in the Middle East or here in America?
Since I'm not an open borders Democrat - you continue to show your ignorance, Fiend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies