U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM

13,001 posts, read 10,104,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
One of his quotes from the rant basically ties "people who cut their own bangs" or something like that to being losers. You think there aren't kids out there whos parents cant afford or dont want to take them for a hair cut that his snarky rant doesn't make feel bad about themselves?
You want to tell me you think these kids are listening to him?

In seriousness, political satire is very often not understood by idiots. But I am doubting very much that these kids are listening to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

11,609 posts, read 6,051,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You want to tell me you think these kids are listening to him?

In seriousness, political satire is very often not understood by idiots. But I am doubting very much that these kids are listening to him.
I'm not talking about the insignificantly small number of actual mass shooters, I'm taking about the general population. And the fact that you immediately equate the stereotypes that he calls out to being "idiots" exemplifies the problem I'm trying to point out here.

Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM

532 posts, read 451,979 times
I never liked Bill Maher but he is right with some points he mentioned, mainly the fact that many able-bodied individuals have to rely on social media and staring at a smart phone to deal with their problem of being "lonely". Owning a gun doesn't have anything to do with dealing with loneliness, and if he's trying to be a comedian he's doing a lousy job at it.

Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

514 posts, read 192,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
One of his quotes from the rant basically ties "people who cut their own bangs" or something like that to being losers. You think there aren't kids out there whos parents cant afford or dont want to take them for a hair cut that his snarky rant doesn't make feel bad about themselves?
You're missing the point here.

Also, political satire ...

Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post

Your opinion is noted, thanks.

Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM

13,001 posts, read 10,104,817 times
Quote:

This is actually a really interesting example of a couple of things. First is the total and complete lack of understanding of satire. But more importantly, the edmand for FAAAAAR more congenial discourse on the left than the right, themselves, use.

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This is actually a really interesting example of a couple of things. First is the total and complete lack of understanding of satire. But more importantly, the edmand for FAAAAAR more congenial discourse on the left than the right, themselves, use.
Mmmmhm, I completely misunderstand satire and "demand" congenial discourse. Whatever. I made a point you don't like. Its as simple as that, but you view it as an opportunity to try and bemoan what you think my political views might be.

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM

12,148 posts, read 4,144,000 times
Quote:

This was spot on!
So basically mass shooting will stop once they perfect sex robots.

Last edited by Brave New World; Yesterday at 02:34 PM..

Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM

27,538 posts, read 19,357,439 times
Quote:

what's the political aspect here? i don't see it.

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

12,237 posts, read 6,795,891 times
They're loners/dateless because they are mentally ill, have terrible personality flaws and zero social skills. Some just have serious anger problems, a lifetime of rage, aggression and acting out. Parents and therapists don't even know what to do with them, they are powder kegs. But parents need to keep an eagle eye on their troubled kids, they need to know all of their social media and what they are up to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies