U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a rich consumer loaded up with money?
YES 36 48.00%
NO 39 52.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

35,795 posts, read 32,520,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You may be doing alright economically but you sure don't have much class with a comment like this.
Hard left lib with class? Does that animal exist? Extremists on both sides seem to have forgot they are American. At least what it used to mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM

7,526 posts, read 2,709,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Thank you. I appreciate that.

It's a roll of the dice, but I think I'd regret not trying more than trying and failing.
Completely understand. I did the same thing about 13 years ago. Lots of 80 hour weeks. Times when it was dark and wanted to pack it in. In the end best thing I ever did. Of course I had a wife that always supported me and that was the biggest thing.

Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM

5,105 posts, read 1,906,997 times
Given it is a poll, I suspect all the Trump supporters are lying.

Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM

30,250 posts, read 15,720,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Completely understand. I did the same thing about 13 years ago. Lots of 80 hour weeks. Times when it was dark and wanted to pack it in. In the end best thing I ever did. Of course I had a wife that always supported me and that was the biggest thing.
Thank you for the encouraging words. It means alot.

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

270 posts, read 46,748 times
Can someone please define "loaded"?
I can shell out $10K for new toy without second thought, but cannot afford $1mln yacht. Am I loaded or not?

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

7,526 posts, read 2,709,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Can someone please define "loaded"?
I can shell out $10K for new toy without second thought, but cannot afford $1mln yacht. Am I loaded or not?
Good point.

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM

22,768 posts, read 11,743,556 times
I would be a lot better off if not for the tariffs. I would guess my net worth is about 10% lower than it would be without the trade war b

Old Today, 01:17 AM

66,965 posts, read 30,683,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I don't buy into the consumer mentality. Maybe that's why I have money
I'm exactly the same.

Old Today, 04:52 AM

3,069 posts, read 1,242,777 times
Am I rich? It depends on the definition. Compared to the average person on earth probably. Compared to the average American no.

Old Today, 05:20 AM

19,757 posts, read 12,431,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Are you one of these rich consumers loaded up with money that Trump was talking about yesterday?

Given our age, my wife and I have markedly cut our consumption. The kids are out of the house and we no longer need new furniture, we keep our cars about ten years, I have all the guns I would ever want, we are not fashion hounds, I have all the watches I will ever need, my wife hates jewelry, and about the only thing we spend cash on anymore is my daughter's med school and trips. We did put about $150K in "upgrades" to the house, so I guess that helps.

As soon as my kids get their houses, I guess I will be buying furniture and consumer goods for them, but it will be a couple of years. I asked each of them last week if they needed a new car and they all passed. Thank God they have their mother's thrift and lack of interest in spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or