U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a rich consumer loaded up with money?
YES 39 45.35%
NO 47 54.65%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

16,198 posts, read 4,267,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama spent $10 trillion.

Do you want Trump to do the same now?
Obama spent 10 Trillion?

Perhaps you are talking about the Bush wars and tax cuts and the GWB Great Recession tax cuts.

Read, look and learn. Then keep repeating the lie.

http://www.giantpeople.com/-static/I...ts-400x257.jpg

Also note that Trump put he deficit back into the trillion dollar plus range for a decade or more...according to the CBO. Whether he is in office or not, he "spent" that money....but the difference is that he didn't spend it due to some Obama created nightmare...he spent it for new tax cuts to pile along with the older ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM

16,198 posts, read 4,267,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"An average US citizen is in the global top 1%"

so yes, a rich consumer loaded up with cash
How does that square with the 50% or so of Americans who could not survive 60 days without their paycheck?

The US is a plutocracy as outlined in the 2005 Citi memo. It makes sense that is world Trump sees.

https://delong.typepad.com/plutonomy-1.pdf

"The World is dividing into two blocs - the Plutonomy and the rest. The U.S., UK, and Canada are the key Plutonomies - economies powered by the wealthy."

"In a plutonomy there is no such animal as “the U.S. consumer” or “the UK consumer”, or indeed the “Russian consumer”. There are rich consumers, few in number, but disproportionate in the gigantic slice of income and consumption they take. There are the rest, the “non-rich”, the multitudinous many, but only accounting for surprisingly small bites of the national pie"

Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM

9,952 posts, read 2,771,526 times
Trump should be stopping consumerism, not promoting it.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

11,783 posts, read 8,565,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Obama spent 10 Trillion?

Perhaps you are talking about the Bush wars and tax cuts and the GWB Great Recession tax cuts.

Read, look and learn. Then keep repeating the lie.

http://www.giantpeople.com/-static/I...ts-400x257.jpg

Also note that Trump put he deficit back into the trillion dollar plus range for a decade or more...according to the CBO. Whether he is in office or not, he "spent" that money....but the difference is that he didn't spend it due to some Obama created nightmare...he spent it for new tax cuts to pile along with the older ones.

Some always forget to calculate the off budget invasion of Iraq.

Obama's numbers looked awful because he insisted the war be in the budget.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM

35,532 posts, read 19,510,335 times
Lightbulb Are you a rich consumer loaded up with money?

tRump will get a majority of votes from those "rich consumers loaded with money."

They're the multi-millionaires/billionaires who benefited from his huge tax giveaway.

That'll make up 1% of the electorate.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

2,918 posts, read 1,241,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Too bad, it is actually the result of president Obama's efforts.
I'll bet you a stack of your $100 bills that if you weren't doing well you would be blaming it on President Trump.

Personally, we're doing fine counting our millions, and we didn't get where we were because of any one president.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,397,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
For sure, the bank called me the other day and asked me to come down and take some of my money out as they were running short on space. Ain't Trump's economy grand? Too bad, it is actually the result of president Obama's efforts.

I live in an republican majority state. Not a day goes by that the news is not begging for one cause or another. School supplies for children, food for food banks, and even asked for contribution in order to bury a city deputy who was killed in the line of duty but was not insured. During the summer months teacher's voluntarily provide lunches for children in need when school is out. The state legislators voted to kick 60,000 kids of state provided healthcare. Where's the money???
In Trump's world money is flowing like water and if that were true why are these people begging?

May I suggest that if you are opposed to Trump, as most people are, please consider holding back on all major purchases until after the 2020 election. That's less than a year and a half. I was considering buying a new car, but I will hold off until after Trump goes to jail.
Is it true to say ... you believe other people's money can solve these problems? Did I get it wrong?

There are no deputies who are without health insurance ... unless the deputy opted out and was on their spouses insurance and it was lost.

Kids don't get kicked off health care. Their parents do for various reasons... none of which you told us about.

Most people?... you know this and speak for them? That's crazy!

Hold back on purchases? more craziness! You're openly encouraging a economic slowdown. Think about where government monies come from! The sky is not falling and you're promoting cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Bernie? is that you?

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

18,474 posts, read 10,268,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama spent $10 trillion.

Do you want Trump to do the same now?
Trump is well on the way to surpass that.

Obama had to spend the money to keep us from sliding into a depression. Whoever took office in 2008 would have had to take the same action Obama did. Or do you have an alternate solution that would have worked?

Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM

22,779 posts, read 11,747,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
How does that square with the 50% or so of Americans who could not survive 60 days without their paycheck?

[/b]"

You think people are going to drop dead simply because they are broke?

I see homeless bums, excuse me habitat deprived individuals, all the time.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

1,714 posts, read 377,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Why, sure, that tax cut made me wealthy beyond belief. I was on the fence as to whether I should buy pack of chewing gum or invest in some US Steel stock. Being the devil may care kind of guy I am, I went for the gum.

Can't wait for him to do another one of these terrific tax cuts........... this time I might spring for a two liter of Coke.
I've read that most Americans haven't felt this so-called tax break to a significant level. Kind of reminds me of the Bush rebate gift to taxpayers that was small potatoes and didn't do much to help the economy.

Word is that with this QE talk and payroll tax breaks, the economy isn't as golden as Trump and Kelly Ann make it out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or