U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:37 AM

1,944 posts, read 626,087 times

Advertisements

A Maryland man lost his LIFE after a relative red flagged him. IIRC she afterwards stated that he would never hurt anybody.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/mar...ead-gun-owner/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:41 AM

25,256 posts, read 9,852,030 times
Quote:
Moreover, other than being white, he looked nothing like the man the terrorized the woman.

The man in question is 5'8. Carpenter is 5'11. The alleged drug dealer is 110lbs. Carpenter is over 200. The man has black hair. Carpenter is completely bald. Last but not least, the man in question is covered in tattoos, and Carpenter only has a few.
In all fairness to the State all us slaves look alike to it.

I think you owe the Florida government an apology, OP.

Old Today, 11:06 AM

8,420 posts, read 1,958,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Oh, please. You're much more likely to have your 2nd Amendment rights honored in a Republican state than a Democrat state. And its not even close

Most (and its not even close) of the gun rights legislation and rulings we've had have been because of Republican legislatures or Republican appointed, conservative judges.
Oh please. Reagan banned full-autos. Poppa Bush was the architect of the '94 “assault” weapons ban. Trump banned bump stocks and enhanced background checks.

Most (and it's not even close) of the gun-grabbing has come under Republican Presidents.

Old Today, 11:07 AM

8,420 posts, read 1,958,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
A Maryland man lost his LIFE after a relative red flagged him. IIRC she afterwards stated that he would never hurt anybody.

I always like to use that tragedy as an example to the cop worshipers.

Who do they think are going to be the ones to enforce gun confiscations?

Old Today, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post

He didn't lose his life.

"Execution of a government action caused unforeseen collateral damage".

That's how you word it. My public school education taught me that.

Fun fact: Maryland is the same state where you can be thrown in the joint after a failed suicide attempt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...311_story.html

Radioactive anti-natural rights waves must pulsate straight out of D.C. and infect surrounding Maryland.

As for this Florida case...maybe Florida borders Maryland? I am a lowly public school graduate, as previously mentioned, so ya never know.

Old Today, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I always like to use that tragedy as an example to the cop worshipers.

Who do they think are going to be the ones to enforce gun confiscations?
I'm starting a petition that says when the cops come to take everyone's guns us slaves...err citizens...should have the option of killing our own dogs before the government goons finish off Fido for fear of their lives.

Call me a patriot.

Last edited by No_Recess; Today at 12:22 PM..

Old Today, 12:18 PM

10,536 posts, read 6,382,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Trump is already responsible for more gun control in 2 years than Obama in 8 years. Obama actually loosened gun restrictions.

The three biggest anti-gunner Presidents in the last 40 years are Reagan, Trump, and Poppa Bush. So don't come at me with “sides.”

Right.....have you seen the proposed bill that is on the house floor as we speak ? A ban on all semi auto firearms...all. All the anti firearm BS starts on the left, don't even try to deny that. Trump caved on the silly bump stock thing, and got pushed into these Red flag laws. Any Trump supporter knew that he was pretty neutral on firearms, so it was a risk, a much better one than having a Democrat in office.

Old Today, 12:21 PM

5,393 posts, read 1,473,499 times
But but but... think of the CHILLUN!!!

Old Today, 12:34 PM

1,162 posts, read 204,592 times
So what I understand is, Florida's Republican congress and Governor failed to write a proper law with a clause to clear these matters up quickly at local points outside of a judge order. Perhaps the local sheriff could have cleared the matter if it was apparent and written into the law.

You want well written laws, don't come to Florida to find one. We are not exactly a well oiled machine as I am sure everyone will be reminded of in 2020 (bound to have an election count issue again).

Edit:
Actually I'm not sure the Sheriff office would want the liability of clearing something like that even though they do it for other issues all the time. The Sheriff's office that clears a guy who then shoots someone with a registered gun will no longer be Sheriff, the politicians will hang them out to dry. Florida politicians regardless of party take no fault in anything they do, kick it down hill.

Old Today, 12:41 PM

8,486 posts, read 2,517,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Florida Man Lost His 2A Rights, Thanks To Red Flag Laws And Mistaken Identity

Look for these kind of events to happen at an increased pace and with the same level of bureaucratic "WhoTF cares" dismissal that Jonathan Carpenter is receiving. He isn't the person the tyrannical lack of due process was even after, but he was declared guilty because of same name as intended target, he lost his rights, and must now stand in front of a judge (on his own time and dime) in an attempt to prove his innocence via mistaken identity, and only after all that is complete can he hope to regain what was takn from him on a purely illegal, immoral and illogical basis.

Yeah, Red Flag laws might be the worst thing the government has managed to conjure up in the last 50 years. So ripe for abuse, and so difficult for the innocent to recover, given both the glacial pace and level of retardation common in any level of government bureaucracy.
Interestingly, as well, there wasn't even an allegation of any "red flag" conduct by the correct Mr. Carpenter. Some woman said she felt scared. That's not the kind of thing the media tell us these "laws" deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or