Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 01:17 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Right.....have you seen the proposed bill that is on the house floor as we speak ? A ban on all semi auto firearms...all. All the anti firearm BS starts on the left, don't even try to deny that. Trump caved on the silly bump stock thing, and got pushed into these Red flag laws. Any Trump supporter knew that he was pretty neutral on firearms, so it was a risk, a much better one than having a Democrat in office.
Double dawg dare em. Let's get this out in front of SCOTUS once and for all. Then the rest of the wobbler laws will fall like a house of cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 02:02 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,638,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Double dawg dare em. Let's get this out in front of SCOTUS once and for all. Then the rest of the wobbler laws will fall like a house of cards.
Agreed. They have already established precedence for the military use of a firearm being used as a criteria for what type of firearm is protected under the second amendment. Semi-auto and full auto firearms are in common use by the military. They would have to reverse the Miller decision to allow a ban like that.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Well, lets take another issue - the issue of my mind and body belonging to me. Most decent free thinking people would say that Freedom of Religion as well as Freedom to consume plants I grow (food, medicine, etc.) are in the Constitution.

So, let's say I want to grow Opium because it IS called the "Food of the Gods" (has been throughout history). God given. Gives me religious visions and makes me happy.

Yet...I will be red-flagged, arrested and given a criminal record if I do that.

So, since I want to follow the law of the land I go to the doctor and ask for some opiates. I tell Doc it's my religion and world-view - not only the food of the gods, but my right to be free from pain. Also, my mind and boy belong to me, not to the government! Lastly, it is cruel and unusual punishment to force me to live both in pain and without my religious food.

Well, there will be LOTS OF RED FLAGS that are put into place.....all affecting my "rights". I will probably be denied my Natural Rights (we all agree that these rights are Natural, correct?).....but, whether denied or not, an amazing amount of registrations, surveys, tests and spreading of my information will take place.

But, of course, the above is plain silly. I should be able to buy 10,000 rounds of high val. ammo and unlimited guns and carry them around with no records or registration or tests (due to my "rights"), but God Forbid I want the right to be left alone (privacy) or any of the other rights claimed.

It's not an accident that the most gun friendly states, in general, are the least pot-friendly...or at least it's been this way for a long time. Why could that be? An accident? Or a bunch of nuts that care only about one "right" and that right being completely unlimited?

You decide. If we are going to embark on the full Natural Law thing there is actually no end to it. Frankly, LSD is a religion (relatives of it are allowed by certain Tribes - peyote, etc.)...yet people languish in jail for a decade for selling or making it....

As far as SCOTUS, there is no such thing as "once and for all". The SCOTUS was fine with slavery and hunting down escaped slaves. The SCOTUS was fine with segregation...

Rulings from the SCOTUS are narrowly set. If it was any other way we'd be able to get every recreational drug legalized in a single case.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:47 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm starting a petition that says when the cops come to take everyone's guns us slaves...err citizens...should have the option of killing our own dogs before the government goons finish off Fido for fear of their lives.

Call me a patriot.
I'm in.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Right.....have you seen the proposed bill that is on the house floor as we speak ? A ban on all semi auto firearms...all. All the anti firearm BS starts on the left, don't even try to deny that. Trump caved on the silly bump stock thing, and got pushed into these Red flag laws. Any Trump supporter knew that he was pretty neutral on firearms, so it was a risk, a much better one than having a Democrat in office.
I have.

But it doesn't contradict my point that Republican Presidents are responsible for the vast majority of gun grabbing in the last 40 years. Reagan was arguably the biggest gun grabbing President since FDR.

And Trump has proven on guns--both in action and rhetoric--that he is just another leftist Democrat.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
A Maryland man lost his LIFE after a relative red flagged him. IIRC she afterwards stated that he would never hurt anybody.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/mar...ead-gun-owner/

Quote:
In fact, the Maryland Judiciary has denied all requests to see any protection orders dealing with Willis. Although Willis's niece, Michele Willis, said her aunt took out the order on Willis. She said it was just “family being family.”
although it could be a bunch of different relatives living/hanging together, it appears it was his wife that reported him. no relatives were on the scene (per a different article)

we also don't know if, with 8 months passing, any info has been released.

Last edited by BoBromhal; 08-20-2019 at 03:06 PM..

Old 08-20-2019, 05:31 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I have.

But it doesn't contradict my point that Republican Presidents are responsible for the vast majority of gun grabbing in the last 40 years. Reagan was arguably the biggest gun grabbing President since FDR.

And Trump has proven on guns--both in action and rhetoric--that he is just another leftist Democrat.
Great...so what ? Stomp your feet and clench your fists ? What do you suggest, other than bitching about it ?

Old 08-20-2019, 05:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Great...so what ? Stomp your feet and clench your fists ? What do you suggest, other than bitching about it ?
We are just here to point out the hypocrisy of both teams. Do what you will with that information.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:06 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Exactly. Which is why it angers me when MAGAs and conservatives act like it's the Democrats who want to take away our guns, when it's their own party who is responsible for much of the gun control in this country.
Well well well
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...lt-weapons-ban

Quote:
Rep. Pete King (N.Y.) is the first House Republican to back a bill in the chamber seeking to ban assault weapons.

"They are weapons of mass slaughter," King told the New York Daily News on Monday shortly after his support for the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 as a co-sponsor became public on Congress's website.

“I don’t see any need for them in everyday society,” he added.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Self-secession and individual sovereignty.

You know--those things that Republicans USED to represent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies