U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:06 AM

12,421 posts, read 3,363,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Cool. That's an issue for Ryan and the organizers of the event, then.
And anyone interested in Ryanís credibility.

Quote:
Apples and footballs. I'm not saying Ryan should have had this guy removed - I don't know anything about the backstory and I honestly couldn't care less about it.

I'm simply saying this is irrelevant from a national perspective. Since I don't live in NJ, care about Ryan or what award she might have won, read the New Brunswick Today, etc....

If this had been a contributor to Fox instead of CNN, would you still care? I wouldn't care any more if it had been Hannity instead of Ryan.
Itís relevant because it involves Ryanís credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Ryan has other professional roles outside of CNN, no? Does CNN represent the majority of her professional work today?

You seem to be conflating Ryan as an individual with CNN as an organization. Has Ryan made "freedom of the press" a personal crusade? I have no idea.

It's obvious what your intent is here. If this was a Fox contributor you wouldn't be saying anything.

Just because Mark Levin shows up on Fox, is Fox responsible for anything and everything he might say and do? No.
Her credibility is always on the line, whether sheís representing CNN or not.

I donít care which network she represents.

Iím neither a Republican nor a Democrat, and I didnít vote for Trump, nor Hillary.

Everything isnít ĎUs vs. Themí.

Old Today, 11:12 AM

9,199 posts, read 8,066,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And anyone interested in Ryanís credibility.

And that would be whom? Precious few, I'd wager. Certainly not me.

Quote:
Itís relevant because it involves Ryanís credibility.

You viewed Ryan as credible before this? I doubt that very much.

All this amounts to is an opportunity for some conservatives to try to stick a thumb in CNN's eye. Nothing more. A pretty weak attempt, as well. CNN has done things far more deserving of scorn, this ain't one (mostly because it's not an issue of anything CNN did).

Old Today, 11:18 AM

Well, it's no secret that the Trump administration dislikes certain reporters compared to others. I don't really see that as her being some "freedom of the press" crusader, but I don't follow journalism that closely to know if there is really a history there or not.

Care to address anything else in my post?

Old Today, 11:19 AM

Quote:
And that would be whom? Precious few, I'd wager. Certainly not me.

You viewed Ryan as credible before this? I doubt that very much.

All this amounts to is an opportunity for some conservatives to try to stick a thumb in CNN's eye. Nothing more. A pretty weak attempt, as well. CNN has done things far more deserving of scorn, this ain't one (mostly because it's not an issue of anything CNN did).
^^^^^ An irrelevant ĎUs vs. Themí deflection that doesnít directly address her actions, likely presented because there is no logical defense for her hypocrisy.

Old Today, 11:24 AM

Quote:
^^^^^ An irrelevant ĎUs vs. Themí deflection that doesnít directly address her actions, likely presented because there is no logical defense for her hypocrisy.

I've made no comment as to whether this is hypocritical or not when it comes to Ryan. Indeed, I've done the exact opposite, since I don't know much about her work - especially prior to this administration.

It's not an irrelevant deflection, it's a commentary on the motivations for this being raised to the national spotlight.

I don't know why she wanted that guy removed during her speech, and neither do you or Rob. It might be hypocritical and it might not.

Old Today, 11:29 AM

28,884 posts, read 15,647,186 times
Quote:
Well, it's no secret that the Trump administration dislikes certain reporters compared to others. I don't really see that as her being some "freedom of the press" crusader, but I don't follow journalism that closely to know if there is really a history there or not.

Care to address anything else in my post?
No. I'm not aware of any similar instance happening with a FOX news contributor. If you find something - I will address it.

Quote:
I don't know why she wanted that guy removed during her speech, and neither do you or Rob. It might be hypocritical and it might not.
It's hypocritical.

I underlined a statement she made in my OP. She doesn't want to be covered. You can hear her say that faintly on the microphone as the reporter is being hauled out of the room.

Old Today, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Her credibility is always on the line, whether sheís representing CNN or not.

I evaluate the facts of the reporting, not the person speaking. Her credibility doesn't come into play with anything I'm interested in hearing from her.

Quote:
I donít care which network she represents.

Great. Neither do I. I think that makes.... two of us in this thread.

Quote:
Iím neither a Republican nor a Democrat, and I didnít vote for Trump, nor Hillary.

Congrats. I would have voted Libertarian if Johnson could have managed to be just a little less clueless when it comes to international issues.

Quote:
Everything isnít ĎUs vs. Themí.

Agreed. I never claimed it was.

Old Today, 11:34 AM

11,772 posts, read 8,562,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Maybe - this took place August 3rd.

He said he was invited to cover the event. The event was in NJ. He was from New Brunswick.

If you had read the article...

ďKratovil had been invited to cover the event by a public-relations firm working with the organizers, had gone through the registration system and RSVPíd his attendance, did not conceal his video-recording activity, and had no outward indication that videography was prohibited in the venue. (Journalists had been freely admitted to cover other events during the Summit, including shooting video),Ē the group wrote.
Thanks. She should be charged with assault.

Old Today, 11:35 AM

Quote:
No. I'm not aware of any similar instance happening with a FOX news contributor. If you find something - I will address it.

That's not what I asked.

Quote:
It's hypocritical.

I underlined a statement she made in my OP. She doesn't want to be covered. You can hear her say that faintly on the microphone as the reporter is being hauled out of the room.

It's not hypocritical, necessarily. She's a private citizen, politicians are not. She doesn't say why she doesn't want that reporter "covering" her. Was he the only reporter there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or