Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 11:46 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That's not what I asked.

It's not hypocritical, necessarily. She's a private citizen, politicians are not. She doesn't say why she doesn't want that reporter "covering" her. Was he the only reporter there?
She is a member/contributor of the press, and she uses the freedom of press argument when Trump gives her a hard time. She received an award for freedom of the press. Truth is she only wants what she wants and is not interested in press freedom.

Who cares why? There was nothing obvious that he did - if so, let her make a statement about it. Otherwise... Hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 11:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
She is a member/contributor of the press, and she uses the freedom of press argument when Trump gives her a hard time. She received an award for freedom of the press. Truth is she only wants what she wants and is not interested in press freedom.

Who cares why? There was nothing obvious that he did - if so, let her make a statement about it. Otherwise... Hypocrite.
The "why" is the crux of the question. Until we have an answer, you can speak to whether or not it was hypocritical or not with any intelligence. He did nothing obvious according to whom? Again, was he the only journalist present?

The press has a right to cover the President and ask him questions. Does the press have a right to cover any private citizen they want in any and all scenarios?

Old 08-20-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
The "why" is the crux of the question. Until we have an answer, you can speak to whether or not it was hypocritical or not with any intelligence. He did nothing obvious according to whom? Again, was he the only journalist present?

The press has a right to cover the President and ask him questions. Does the press have a right to cover any private citizen they want in any and all scenarios?
It's been over two weeks since this took place and she's said nothing.

Hypocrite.

The next time she is in the White House press room, and she gives Trump a hard time - he ought to bring this back up and do what he does best - troll radical liberals.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
It's been over two weeks since this took place and she's said nothing.

Hypocrite.

The next time she is in the White House press room, and she gives Trump a hard time - he ought to bring this back up and do what he does best - troll radical liberals.

Was he the only journalist covering her speech?

Old 08-20-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Was he the only journalist covering her speech?
You tell me...

Old 08-20-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You tell me...

Exactly. So the question now becomes why was this specific guy removed? Obviously it wasn't a question of not having any media coverage of her speech, as there were other journos there who didn't get the boot.

I found this interesting:

...The two men then enter the lobby, where Kratovil is berated by Shennell McCloud, executive director of Project Ready, the group that hosted the event. McCloud accuses Kratovil of "interrupting" the event and demands his removal from the hotel...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ap...ard-journalist

Well, now it seems like the people hosting the event had an issue with this guy, too, not just Ryan. Curiouser and curiouser....

Keep on trying to make this a CNN thing, though. It's working out swimmingly for you so far.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:11 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Which is generally more accurate, CNN or Fake News?

Last edited by Eumaois; 08-20-2019 at 01:35 PM..

Old 08-20-2019, 01:21 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
This just gets more murky/

It is customary for the press to be assigned a specific place to stand. Like at Trump rallies, they are all on the platform. Rarely is a person with a camera on a tripod given a floor pass to move around anywhere.

Was he in that place? Makes a huge difference, since the event planner also had a problem with him.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:22 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Leftist hypocrisy shows itself once again.
To me it looks like right wing hypocrisy, but if we are all being honest, it's just hypocrisy. Both sides are exhibiting a double standard, no other way to look at it. They both are condoning and condemning the same things.

There is actually a very interesting study on this on the "Hidden Brain" podcast. I think it's THIS ONE, but would have to go in and listen to confirm.

It covers a lot, but specifically covers how all sides in a political debate can be hypocritical. Basically the brain is wired to see things via a certain confirmation bias.

Anyway, if you ask me, both sides are using a double standard. I of course pointed it out on the side I don't agree with, but I'm willing to admit that blade cuts both ways. Are you?

Old 08-20-2019, 01:55 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
It's hard to not change one's mind when the facts are revealed a little at a time. Like the kids with the MAGA caps on the mall, it took 3 days to get all the info.

And I'll bet plenty of people still think chairs were thrown at the Nevada Democratic state convention. OrT rump's fable that Pershing really did have the bullets dipped in pig's blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies