Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 01:58 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Exactly. So the question now becomes why was this specific guy removed? Obviously it wasn't a question of not having any media coverage of her speech, as there were other journos there who didn't get the boot.

I found this interesting:

...The two men then enter the lobby, where Kratovil is berated by Shennell McCloud, executive director of Project Ready, the group that hosted the event. McCloud accuses Kratovil of "interrupting" the event and demands his removal from the hotel...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ap...ard-journalist

Well, now it seems like the people hosting the event had an issue with this guy, too, not just Ryan. Curiouser and curiouser....

Keep on trying to make this a CNN thing, though. It's working out swimmingly for you so far.
I'm sorry - I didn't see where you showed anything regarding other journalists being there.

Look - if you want to make that you criteria for removing the press - I'm sure Trump would go for that in a heartbeat.

Fact is - he was invited, he RSVP'ed, and he did nothing wrong.

She's a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 02:00 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm sorry - I didn't see where you showed anything regarding other journalists being there.

Perhaps you should read the linked article, then?

Old 08-20-2019, 02:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
April Ryan is another crank for the left. Got no problem letting one of her guards beat up someone trying to report honest news.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:12 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Perhaps you should read the linked article, then?
There's nothing in the article I linked to.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:43 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:

Look - if you want to make that you criteria for removing the press - I'm sure Trump would go for that in a heartbeat.

Fact is - he was invited, he RSVP'ed, and he did nothing wrong.

She's a hypocrite.
He may have been notified of the event, and gotten his press pass. We have no way of knowing if he did or did not do anything wrong.

But even if he did, he should not have been assaulted. She could have stopped and waited on the cops. Or the security that surely was on site.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:51 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
He may have been notified of the event, and gotten his press pass. We have no way of knowing if he did or did not do anything wrong.

But even if he did, he should not have been assaulted. She could have stopped and waited on the cops. Or the security that surely was on site.
The guy filmed every previous speaker without incident... the blame falls squarely on April Ryan's shoulders.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:01 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The guy filmed every previous speaker without incident... the blame falls squarely on April Ryan's shoulders.
That could be.

This April Ryan may be on some people's xyz list, but she didn't just fall off a turnip truck. She's in tv news. She had to know whatever happened would get out. Half the room has it on their phones.

Since a lawsuit has been filed, I'll reserve judgement until the depositions are made public. Two liberals in a pissing contest will be fun to read about.

Perhaps she did not want the speech recorded. Were the other cameras also recording? One article I read said she negotiated with him about recording.

Last edited by crone; 08-20-2019 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: ETA

Old 08-20-2019, 05:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Why are you defending their hypocrisy? The hotel did not put him out - Ryan's bodyguard put him out.
Yeah, I was defending them when I said the bodyguard should be charged. If they can prove that Ryan told him to put the reporter out by physical force, she should be charged to.

I was just pointing out that just because the organizers said the reporter could be there does not mean they had the right to grant them that permission. The article in the OP states that at least soeone with the event had an issue with him being there

Old 08-20-2019, 05:35 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yeah, I was defending them when I said the bodyguard should be charged. If they can prove that Ryan told him to put the reporter out by physical force, she should be charged to.

I was just pointing out that just because the organizers said the reporter could be there does not mean they had the right to grant them that permission. The article in the OP states that at least soeone with the event had an issue with him being there
Nah, the event woman mistakenly blamed his for starting the fracas... she had absolutely no problem with him filming before Ryan went diva.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:56 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Nah, the event woman mistakenly blamed his for starting the fracas... she had absolutely no problem with him filming before Ryan went diva.
That may be. No matter what all happened, the man should not have been assaulted, which goes without saying. As a photographer, when the bodyguard took my camera, we'd have issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies