U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:12 AM

13,218 posts, read 4,557,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Well, if the religious right has their way, that is exactly what women will be. You should read Gate to WOmen's Country by Sheri S Tepper. Good read.
What women have to realize is that they can't have it every way they want it. They either want to be in the workforce and not raising children or they want to raise a family. They can't do both then complain they don't have the time nor funds to do both and look for society to pick up the slack. If they can manage doing both without complaining how hard it is and looking for the government to help them afford that type of lifestyle more power to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:19 AM

32,905 posts, read 16,844,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Still no scientific evidence that a "matriarchal society" ever existed.
You're embarrassing yourself.

Old Today, 11:33 AM

5,258 posts, read 3,057,281 times
Ah, the whole “women belong in the kitchen” brigade is here..

Old Today, 11:35 AM

6,646 posts, read 4,646,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What women have to realize is that they can't have it every way they want it. They either want to be in the workforce and not raising children or they want to raise a family. They can't do both then complain they don't have the time nor funds to do both and look for society to pick up the slack. If they can manage doing both without complaining how hard it is and looking for the government to help them afford that type of lifestyle more power to them.
Men b*tch and moan ALL the time about the lack of time and money when they work and have kids. I work with mostly guys and the complaints about lack of time for golf, watching TV sports, working on their cars, deer hunting, going out with their buds etc etc etc happen every day.

And they don’t even do a quarter of the childcare, laundry, cooking and cleaning that their working wives do. Can’t have it both ways men. You want women to financially contribute, but don’t step up to do your fair share of parenting the kids or taking care of day to day tasks.

Old Today, 11:44 AM

1,198 posts, read 258,289 times
No "scientific" evidence found at the bottom of empty beer bottles perhaps. There's plenty of anthropological evidence.

Old Today, 11:53 AM

10,532 posts, read 6,382,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Men b*tch and moan ALL the time about the lack of time and money when they work and have kids. I work with mostly guys and the complaints about lack of time for golf, watching TV sports, working on their cars, deer hunting, going out with their buds etc etc etc happen every day.

And they don’t even do a quarter of the childcare, laundry, cooking and cleaning that their working wives do. Can’t have it both ways men. You want women to financially contribute, but don’t step up to do your fair share of parenting the kids or taking care of day to day tasks.
I completely agree with this. In '07 I was laid off for a year. My wife worked. I had the house clean, the laundry done, did the grocery shopping, and had dinner ready when she got home. She was bummed when I went back to work.

Old Today, 11:55 AM

1,159 posts, read 204,592 times
Women and men complain the same. The silent generation left the workforce decades ago (before I came around) and now everyone constantly complains regardless of gender.

Men always make a big deal of other men or women complaining but trust me men are just as soft and snowflakey as women. Anyone that owns a business or manages employees know that men pull the same stunts and moan just as much.

I will admit that the female student docs (doctors) are laser focused to a point that I have to remind then that there is more than hospital and sick people in life, I never have to remind the guys of that. I do wonder what is going to happen to the birth rate in the USA, the women in school now do not mention children or families outside of parents at all (all 24-32 age). My female counterparts that have children mostly have 1, that's it.

Old Today, 12:19 PM

13,017 posts, read 10,104,817 times
Quote:
Why not?

Old Today, 12:22 PM

10,532 posts, read 6,382,846 times
Quote:
[quote=somebodynew;55981410]Why not?[/quote]

Exactly, after all they sit on a gold mine, of course they can get what they want....

Old Today, 12:23 PM

25,253 posts, read 9,852,030 times
Is there a point to this thread or do we just fill in whatever we want?

I like pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or