U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 08:53 PM

5,423 posts, read 2,895,591 times

Advertisements

We all need to fully fund planned parenthood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM

15,208 posts, read 13,567,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That's false.

What's true is that the left wants to kill babies the minute before they are born, and sometimes after the birth happens.
Another flat out pro-life lie.

Why can't pro-lifers effectively defend their position on abortion without making up and spreading lies?

The fact that they feel the need to lie is very telling.

Old Yesterday, 01:03 AM

12,476 posts, read 3,386,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I remember a number of states said no simply because it was ObamaCare. Arizona was one of a few to expand Medicaid especially for the children.
Got some links to support the bolded assertion ?

Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM

12,476 posts, read 3,386,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And doubly so when her father is the rapist.
There is one pro-life poster (who I haven't seen any posts from in a while) who, when I pressed her on it, claimed that if she was raped (not by her husband), and her husband wasn't on board with it and gave her an 'it's me/our relationship/having an abortion OR having the rapist's baby' ultimatum, that she would divorce her husband and have the rapist's baby.

Old Yesterday, 03:03 AM

30,865 posts, read 33,740,582 times
This is an excellent outcome and puts an end to a chunk of the abortion debate as far as most people are concerned. Some will still fight against it of course, but most will be satisfied that taxes aren't directly funding abortions and other left wing activism. Nobody should be unhappy about this, it's win/win.

Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM

248 posts, read 328,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There is one pro-life poster (who I haven't seen any posts from in a while) who, when I pressed her on it, claimed that if she was raped (not by her husband), and her husband wasn't on board with it and gave her an 'it's me/our relationship/having an abortion OR having the rapist's baby' ultimatum, that she would divorce her husband and have the rapist's baby.
And that is her choice, just like it would be mine to terminate such a pregnancy.

Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM

33,720 posts, read 14,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I think the last time I walked into PP was around seven years ago. The first time I walked into one was in the late '70's. The difference was striking and disappointing. It was not about family or planning anymore, it was all about abortion. Their changes in literature, posters on the wall, everything is different now. We will just have to disagree.
The numbers say otherwise but back to the point, I don't know why people celebrate defunding planned parenthood since the end result will be fewer services for poor women.

Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM

9,634 posts, read 4,931,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The numbers say otherwise but back to the point, I don't know why people celebrate defunding planned parenthood since the end result will be fewer services for poor women.
If everyone who voted for Hillary donated $1.00/year, PP would have that $60 million in Title X funds it refused. I'm sure wealthy supporters could afford more than $1.00. Besides, PP is rolling in dough.

PP boasts that 97% of its services go to health care other than abortion, only 3% for abortions. Why would you or anyone else support its decision to sacrifice Title X funding for the 97% in order to keep the abortion business.

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

67,047 posts, read 30,734,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
We all need to fully fund planned parenthood.
That makes no sense. PP is just a very small percentage of the FQHCs, nationwide, that already provide Title X family planning and comprehensive health care services to women.

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

9,080 posts, read 4,520,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then explain what drives the left to want to kill babies the minute before they are born or afterwards, which definitely amounts to infanticide? That is MURDER. What is there for them to gain in their lives by doing that?
It's about population control. Less population utilizing the resources, more resources for the richer people. Some people just do not want to share their drinking water ...

Role of abortion in control of global population growth.

"With the exception of a few countries with aging populations and very high contraceptive prevalence rates, developed countries need to maintain abortion rates in the range of 201-500/1000 if they are to maintain growth rates at levels below 1%. An even greater reliance on abortion--over 500/1000 live births--is required in developing countries to reduce population growth." (my bold)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or