U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

16,323 posts, read 9,191,609 times

Advertisements

somehow the OP seems to think a story about bad things for PP is going to upset folk?

i think most people know PP is a very bad organization. by bad i mean evil.

I am for organizations providing good health services to women... especially to those with too few funds to provide for themselves. I am not for an abortion mill passing itself off as such an organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

14,298 posts, read 6,520,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Just proves they were using the funds the government gave them to abort babies.
Mmmm, no actually, no it doesn’t. Try again.

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

958 posts, read 262,586 times
They were NOT using federal funds for abortions. This has been explained time and time again.

Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM

14,298 posts, read 6,520,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
somehow the OP seems to think a story about bad things for PP is going to upset folk?

I am for organizations providing good health services to women... especially to those with too few funds to provide for themselves. I am not for an abortion mill passing itself off as such an organization.
Since you have never used the services of Planned Parenthood, you have no merit at all to give an opinion & try to pass it off as fact. I have used them in the past before I had insurance so I KNOW how well their organization runs & how helpful it is.

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

9,436 posts, read 2,888,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Imagine having a doctor being blocked from providing medical options to a patient, this reminds me of behavior in some 3rd world countries with religious fanatics. I assume this funding cut will impact many low income women but I don't think the GOP really cares. Title X had bipartisan report and was initiated under Nixon and now 50 years later this administration welcomes its demise.

Why are some these groups cheering this as a victory, is it because they are denying service to poor women because it will not stop abortions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/19/h...sultPosition=1
Of course they don't care.

Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM

33,643 posts, read 14,177,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

The outcome of this will be less healthcare and longer waiting times for poor women so if you really cared about health services for poor, you could care less. But not to worry, this wont impact the wealthy one bit. Its unfortunate that they can take advantage of poor people, they don't have a voice.

Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM

39,786 posts, read 41,146,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
They were NOT using federal funds for abortions. This has been explained time and time again.

Then they should have no problem to continue to provide abortions at the same cost however that is not what is going to happen. Federal funds may not directly pay for abortions but they are indirectly used, these facilities have common costs e.g the electric bill, staff etc. They only need to fudge the numbers a little increasing costs on the non abortion services and expenses.

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM

28,900 posts, read 15,654,648 times
Not often that tweets from the VP are reposted...

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

4,137 posts, read 1,598,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
I have a nice bridge to sell you. Give me a call.

If you think the fed money did not support, albeit indirectly, PP abortions efforts, you are seriously mistaken.

Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 16 days ago)

12,507 posts, read 6,520,299 times
Planned Parenthood is sickening. All this move proved is that they care more about murdering the unborn than providing other healthcare to women in need. Indeed, even under this rule (had they accepted funds), Planned Parenthood would still be able to perform abortions; they just wouldn't be able to "refer" women for abortions. But everybody knows that Planned Parenthood performs abortions and this rule wouldn't change that.

But this is good news. I'm hopeful that other organizations that don't support murder on demand will step up and apply for the funds that Planned Parenthood is leaving on the table
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or