U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 06:09 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,186,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
PP is not the only place in USA to get rid of your unwanted Child.. Google has thousands of places in their search engine to show you. PP was using funds to do abortions in clever ways and laundering money back to Dems for campaigns.
NRA sends money back to Politicians too. Its how DC works..

Fetuses Steve, they're children when they're born.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 07:02 PM

15,207 posts, read 13,561,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I went from having a very good opinion of PP to having a very poor opinion of it, and it had nothing to do with them performing abortions but of their terrible, imo, financial decisions. This is just the latest one.

So what if they are now permitted to perform fewer abortions? That would just mean more money for pre-pregnancy contraception and education. But, no, instead they decided to "cut off their nose to spite their face", as my mother would say.
Many PP's do not preform abortions, the issue is those PP's not being allowed to refer women to clinics where they can get an abortion.

It is the principle of the doctor/patient relationship that PP is defending.

In what other medical circumstance would it be acceptable for a doctor to withhold treatment options/referrals from a patient?

How would you feel if your oncologist didn't tell you about other treatment options just because they weren't offered at his affiliated hospital, that he wasn't allowed to give you a referral?

Here is the analogy......if your oncologist referred you to an out-of-state hospital, his affiliated hospital would lose state funding. How would you feel about that?

I would call that malpractice......but when it comes to woman only scenarios I guess that's acceptable.

Last edited by Annie53; 08-21-2019 at 07:10 PM..

Old 08-21-2019, 07:07 PM

1,880 posts, read 378,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Many PP's do not preform abortions, the issue is those PP's not being allowed to refer women to clinics where they can get an abortion.

In what other medical circumstance would it be acceptable for a doctor to withhold treatment options/referrals from a patient?

How would you feel if your oncologist didn't tell you about other treatment options just because they weren't offered at his affiliated hospital, that he wasn't allowed to give you a referral?

Here is the analogy......if your oncologist referred you to an out-of-state hospital, his affiliated hospital would lose state funding. How would you feel about that?

I would call that malpractice......but when it comes to woman only scenarios I guess that's acceptable.
Avoiding the slaughter of an unborn child is almost never malpractice. Quite the contrary.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Avoiding the slaughter of an unborn child is almost never malpractice. Quite the contrary.
Just as my opinion is irrelevant when it comes to the medical decisions you make regarding your health, your opinion, when it comes to the medical decisions I make regarding my health, is irrelevant. My health, my choice.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:18 PM

1,880 posts, read 378,613 times
Quote:
Just as my opinion is irrelevant when it comes to the medical decisions you make regarding your health, your opinion when it comes to the medical decisions I make regarding my health is irrelevant. My health, my choice.
You don't own your child.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You don't own your child.
A fetus isn't a child and it doesn't own me. It cannot use my body, threaten my health and my life, against my will.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:28 PM

24,680 posts, read 12,181,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Imagine having a doctor being blocked from providing medical options to a patient, this reminds me of behavior in some 3rd world countries with religious fanatics. I assume this funding cut will impact many low income women but I don't think the GOP really cares. Title X had bipartisan report and was initiated under Nixon and now 50 years later this administration welcomes its demise.

Why are some these groups cheering this as a victory, is it because they are denying service to poor women because it will not stop abortions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/19/h...sultPosition=1
The people wanting the services are free to pay for it. But not with my money.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 PM

24,680 posts, read 12,181,073 times
Quote:
Just as my opinion is irrelevant when it comes to the medical decisions you make regarding your health, your opinion, when it comes to the medical decisions I make regarding my health, is irrelevant. My health, my choice.
And your money.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And your money.
If I do not want to spend MY money carrying a pregnancy, you are right, I shouldn't have to and neither should you.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:14 PM

15,448 posts, read 13,496,292 times
Quote:

I also think the government is restricting freedom of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or