U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 01:59 PM

1,892 posts, read 382,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
We have a schizophrenic system. The right says they love life and want to protect it, but once that baby pops out the right does not want to ensure it has enough food to eat, a good education, or healthcare. It's nuts.
That's false.

What's true is that the left wants to kill babies the minute before they are born, and sometimes after the birth happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 02:16 PM

10,308 posts, read 6,424,944 times
Back in the day, PP was about planning. It was a place to get cheap pap smears, birth control pills, std checks, referrals for wanted pregnancies, parenting and yes even some abortions. I've watched it evolve into a political hot mess abortion mill. I think it's outlived it's purpose, women can go elsewhere.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:25 PM

36,269 posts, read 10,772,215 times
Federal money is federal control.

Smart private schools learned that long ago.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:19 PM

15,471 posts, read 13,503,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That's false.

What's true is that the left wants to kill babies the minute before they are born, and sometimes after the birth happens.
Then explain what drives the left to want to kill babies the minute before they are born or afterwards, which definitely amounts to infanticide? That is MURDER. What is there for them to gain in their lives by doing that?

Old 08-24-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I am pro choice and I really appreciate that planned parenthood exists. Anyone who would force a women to carry a rapists baby is one sick f*cker that's for sure!!!
And doubly so when her father is the rapist.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Heck, even various local pharmacies have birth control products that one can easily get!
But people who want all abortion banned want it to be illegal to sell types of contraceptives that prevent the fertilized egg from attaching itself to the uterus.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:17 PM

1,156 posts, read 411,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I just love how people who don't have a uterus and cannot carry a baby have so much to say about planned parenthood.
Men pay tax donít they?

Old 08-24-2019, 08:00 PM

33,720 posts, read 14,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Back in the day, PP was about planning. It was a place to get cheap pap smears, birth control pills, std checks, referrals for wanted pregnancies, parenting and yes even some abortions. I've watched it evolve into a political hot mess abortion mill. I think it's outlived it's purpose, women can go elsewhere.

Back in what day? They always offered the services mentioned for decades. A few hundred thousand women still use their services so I don't quite think they outlived their purpose, just more attempts to shut down their facilities because right wing opponents have been given a new life under Trump.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:02 PM

33,720 posts, read 14,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That's false.

What drives these zealots to the point that why want to create more abortions by shutting down family planning clinics.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:19 PM

10,308 posts, read 6,424,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Back in what day? They always offered the services mentioned for decades. A few hundred thousand women still use their services so I don't quite think they outlived their purpose, just more attempts to shut down their facilities because right wing opponents have been given a new life under Trump.
I think the last time I walked into PP was around seven years ago. The first time I walked into one was in the late '70's. The difference was striking and disappointing. It was not about family or planning anymore, it was all about abortion. Their changes in literature, posters on the wall, everything is different now. We will just have to disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or