Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 11:07 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I just love how people who don't have a uterus and cannot carry a baby have so much to say about planned parenthood.
It was in this way the woman gained the right to abort, to begin with ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 04:25 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Using abortion as birth control is cruelly evil. Much better to spend that money on offering contraceptives education, services, and meds and devices. Prevent pregnancy before abortion is even a consideration. There are 14,000+ FQHCs that provide publicly-funded family planning services (and other comprehensive women's health care) throughout the US. Planned Parenthood, at less than 700 locations, is redundant, unnecessary, and grotesquely focused on promoting abortion as a method of birth control.
That is not the point Planned Parenthood is making, they are refusing Title X because doctors cannot offer patients the alternative of abortion. This will end up as essentially a funding cut and some poor women will lose services, if you want to end abortion this is the wrong path.

Somewhere over 50% of births are through Medicaid and that needs to be addressed, this is a social problem. Constantly battling PP takes away focus on the problem.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Well, I'll have to increase my donations along with my newfound giving to SPLC.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:34 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They get away with it through creative accounting, once again they have shared costs which allows them attribute a much larger and unnecessarily higher amount of those costs to the non abortion services.

They could of chose to split off that side of the services they are providing to some other entity with separate billing, accounting, staff etc. The claim is no federal funding is used so that entity should be able to operate without any interruptions.
Planned Parenthood is one of the most audited agencies in the US, do actually think that they could escape an audit in a state like Texas. They are already audited independently, this is just foot stamping because. They felt that abortions would disappear when they came up with the Hyde amendment.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:39 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Good. The federal government shouldn't be subsidizing political organizations like PP.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:59 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I

I live and work in two towns in Montgomery County, Pa. Both have Planned Parenthood offices; neither of those offices provides abortions. Both are Title X providers. There are no other Title X providers within 20 miles of either location. Take away the Title X services from these two Planned Parenthood locations, and there will be no Title X services in Montgomery County at all.

You are assuming no one else steps in to take their place. How many times in the history of the world when there is taxpayer funding on the table is there no one to take it?

Old 08-21-2019, 05:00 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
I went from having a very good opinion of PP to having a very poor opinion of it, and it had nothing to do with them performing abortions but of their terrible, imo, financial decisions. This is just the latest one.

So what if they are now permitted to perform fewer abortions? That would just mean more money for pre-pregnancy contraception and education. But, no, instead they decided to "cut off their nose to spite their face", as my mother would say.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:26 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
So what if they are now permitted to perform fewer abortions? That would just mean more money for pre-pregnancy contraception and education. But, no, instead they decided to "cut off their nose to spite their face", as my mother would say.
I don't disagree with this. I'm kinda disappointed that they gave up instead of fighting the idiocy that is so prevalent in our society today. Abortion is legal, and any provider should be able to refer a patient to a provider of a legal procedure.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:52 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Planned parenthood doesnt need that money. They made over 77 million in profits last yr, and donate quite a bit to the dem party. Their affiliates donated over 20 million for 2018 midterm elections, and they themselves donate over a million...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1566368918696
Sounds like a place that needs no federal money whatsoever.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:07 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,218,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Just proves they were using the funds the government gave them to abort babies.

Fetuses Steve. Their babies when they're born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies