Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 12:57 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm totally neutral on it, and I'm fine with it.

In case you are wondering why have gay pride parades, it's because they have had to hide it for so long (various reasons).
It's celebration of a riot. A riot against them being jailed, monitored by the government, fired/denied jobs, etc just for being who they are.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:11 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
It’s a bad choice prompted by bad events in childhood (e.g., daddy didn’t hug you enough, mama promoted it, Uncle Willy molested you, poor self esteem, etc) or some degree of mental illness.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I don’t give a flying fig what CONSENTING ADULTS do in PRIVATE. All I ask is that you don’t try to make it my business and don’t ask me to approve of it, because while I think you are entitled to do what floats your boat, I also think some of the crap people come up with to get their jollies is just gross or downright sick. This applies to all adults across the sexual spectrum.
Isn't their a double standard?

A straight man having a photo of his wife on his desk at work is fine, but would consider a gay man having a photo of his husband isn't?

Try NOT talking about your partner. Try not answering what you did and where you went on the weekend all because someone thinks that should be private?

You say it should apply to all adults of the sexual spectrum, but it doesn't. I'm pretty sure you have a bias towards straights, and it's only what makes YOU feel uncomfortable that you fear.

To be clear, we aren't talking about people who get explicit, like straight guys do all the time about the latest conquest, but about gay people who get accused of being " sick " just because they mention a partner, or heaven forbid, hold hands with them.
Where did you get all that tripe from my post? I don’t give a flying fig what pictures people have on their desks either, provided they don’t show body parts that are supposed to be covered by undergarments. I hate pictures of any couples/group of individuals that are sexualized, no matter the sexual preferences of adults involved.

Talk all you want about going to the Farmer’s Market and snagging some awesome tomatoes, but don’t tell me about what goes on with you sexually, no matter what your sexual preferences are. And, frankly, I personally think hand holding should be reserved for children or adults experiencing some feebleness, again, no matter the sexual preferences of adults are involved.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:23 PM

15,841 posts, read 14,472,390 times
There's gender normal heterosexuality, and then there's mental illness. There's nothing in between. The sudoscience of psychology has been browbeaten into undefining conditions like homosexuality and gender identity disorder as "normal", they're not.

That being said, I don't see any way around accepting gays, and transgenders as part of society, or any benefit to not accepting them. I don't see them as going harm to anyone, except maybe themselves.

Where I do see harm from not defining these conditions as a pathology is that it's had the effect of preventing anyone from looking for a real, medical cure for the conditions (note that I consider religious based conversion therapies useless and counterproductive.)

Old 08-21-2019, 01:31 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't care what other people do in their bedroom. It is none of my business. But why would anyone be "proud or ashamed" of who they fornicate with, gay or straight?
Clearly, you have never met my ex-wife. In hind-sight I am definitely not proud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is something taught, not bred.
The only way you could possibly know that is via experience. Anything else is just projection. Think about that for a minute.....
Spoiler
Then you can let us know if you are proud or ashamed of yourself

My take: "None of the above" I really don't care what others do, and honestly (ex-wife jokes aside) try not to put subjective values on myself either. Who I love is who I love, and honestly I don't put much effort in trying to understand it. Love is a product of tangibles and intangibles. To quantify it seems to be an exercise of futility. I love my current wife. On paper we are total opposites. We just work together, and I don't need to explain it to anyone, including myself. That's just me.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:37 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Where did you get all that tripe from my post? I don’t give a flying fig what pictures people have on their desks either, provided they don’t show body parts that are supposed to be covered by undergarments. I hate pictures of any couples/group of individuals that are sexualized, no matter the sexual preferences of adults involved.

Talk all you want about going to the Farmer’s Market and snagging some awesome tomatoes, but don’t tell me about what goes on with you sexually, no matter what your sexual preferences are. And, frankly, I personally think hand holding should be reserved for children or adults experiencing some feebleness, again, no matter the sexual preferences of adults are involved.
It is not just a matter of sexuality. It is a matter of love, family and other things that cis het people take for granted being integrated into their lives. At work, we have pictures of our families. We go to holiday parties with our significant other. We get married...

Old 08-21-2019, 01:42 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,239,198 times
The fact that those who believe it is a choice vilify it the most says a lot. Especially as it happens all too often that a prominent voice against homosexuality ends up being caught as having had homosexual affairs.

Apparently they want it repressed so much because they find it oh so tempting. No one with any degree of confidence in their sexuality would ever imply that merely being exposed to homosexuals can make you homosexual. But they claim that’s the ‘gay agenda’.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:45 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The fact that those who believe it is a choice vilify it the most says a lot. Especially as it happens all too often that a prominent voice against homosexuality ends up being caught as having had homosexual affairs.

Apparently they want it repressed so much because they find it oh so tempting. No one with any degree of confidence in their sexuality would ever imply that merely being exposed to homosexuals can make you homosexual. But they claim that’s the ‘gay agenda’.
It can be a little bit more complicated than that. For many of these people, using religion and so-called morality as a springboard for the acquisition of wealth and power is an easy thing. They are playing a game with the beliefs of these people regardless of their own views or feelings.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:49 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
None of my business.
Agreed.

None of my business.

Also, no one else's business if I disapprove of it.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:11 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
It’s a bad choice prompted by bad events in childhood (e.g., daddy didn’t hug you enough, mama promoted it, Uncle Willy molested you, poor self esteem, etc) or some degree of mental illness.
None of the above, and if you would care to read a rather long explanation, I can certainly post it here, but I must warn you, that post would probably take up two or more pages, but it would explain why people are born as we are, be it gay straight, or bi.
There are definite reasons we are born as we are, and fortunately I know what those reasons are.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies