U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM
 
3,348 posts, read 1,623,982 times
Reputation: 2417

Advertisements

How can anyone be happy with this market ????? IT IS WACKY and I BLAME TRUMP. No way can we blame Obama .....

Thoughts and opinions. How can Trump boosters boast of it? This from someone feeling duped the last minute to vote for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
 
1,839 posts, read 621,934 times
Reputation: 1403
When are you planning on retiring? If soon, you should be more in bonds so market gyrations won't affect you as much. If you've got some time, the gyrations will be long forgotten when you finally start to sell your holdings.

Market noise doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
 
3,348 posts, read 1,623,982 times
Reputation: 2417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
When are you planning on retiring? If soon, you should be more in bonds so market gyrations won't affect you as much. If you've got some time, the gyrations will be long forgotten when you finally start to sell your holdings.

Market noise doesn't matter.
My point is that the is not what Trump promised. Not that I may retire in a couple years. I've considered getting out. But need my Lawyers advice first. Just I'm not the play-with-stocks type. I hate you have to for life in retirement or make other lucrative investments.

Some people enjoy the gambling aspect. I do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM
 
1,839 posts, read 621,934 times
Reputation: 1403
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
My point is that the is not what Trump promised. Not that I may retire in a couple years. I've considered getting out. But need my Lawyers advice first. Just I'm not the play-with-stocks type. I hate you have to for life in retirement or make other lucrative investments.

Some people enjoy the gambling aspect. I do not.
You shouldn't sell your stock holdings because you're attempting to time the business cycle. I hope your lawyer tells you that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
 
3,991 posts, read 1,875,897 times
Reputation: 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
How can anyone be happy with this market ????? IT IS WACKY and I BLAME TRUMP. No way can we blame Obama .....

Thoughts and opinions. How can Trump boosters boast of it? This from someone feeling duped the last minute to vote for Trump.
Duped at the last minute in THAT election??!!

I've a feeling you feel duped a lot.

From a trump voter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Here
10,930 posts, read 12,002,405 times
Reputation: 6076
I feel duped reading this "thread".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM
 
3,991 posts, read 1,875,897 times
Reputation: 3932
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I feel duped reading this "thread".
It does reek of adolesnce much more than retirement age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM
 
3,348 posts, read 1,623,982 times
Reputation: 2417
Guess you create a thread in the political forum and mention Trump in a unflattering way. Expect the rhetoric to begin. But my point still was..... as a Democrat who switched the last minute. Yes the Russian anti-Clinton trolls did give me enough to sway my vote.

The Stock-Market is looooong past that day. Mock my age all you want. Say nothing on this Market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,972 posts, read 11,394,880 times
Reputation: 38168
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
How can anyone be happy with this market ????? IT IS WACKY and I BLAME TRUMP. No way can we blame Obama .....

Thoughts and opinions. How can Trump boosters boast of it? This from someone feeling duped the last minute to vote for Trump.

You are right, Dave. The market has no idea how to react to an inconsistent buffoon like Trump. He has no strategy, nothing he has put forth has worked, and he seems more interested in tweeting all day, as opposed to actually doing work that would improve America.

We haven't seen the full impact yet, just wait another year !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:12 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
318 posts, read 39,073 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
How can anyone be happy with this market ?????

Its great for option traders, the swings in volatility are $$$ if you know how to trade.




Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We haven't seen the full impact yet, just wait another year !

You mean wait another term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top