U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

30,200 posts, read 16,653,460 times

Advertisements

I so enjoy watching the left eat its own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM

11,006 posts, read 10,651,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I get it.

Most people in this country right now cannot accept that it isn't 1955 anymore. They want to return to a society where white Christian men are in all positions of authority, gays are in the closet, women are in the kitchen submissive to their husbands, every school day began with a prayer and pledge of allegiance, and Andy Griffith is sheriff.

People want a white evangelical, God's Not Dead version of reality. They want a "Christian United States" and are willing to destroy the country to get it.
I'll tell you what I want. I want a world where I can believe and think anything I choose to believe and think. I want a world where there IS NO authority at all. I want a world where as soon as you (not you personally, but you in general, applying to everyone) attempt to exercise authority over me in any way, you are banished and ostracized from the village. And the same would apply to me should I attempt to exercise authority over you in any way. I want a world of voluntaryism, which automatically implies "hands off others" and "you pilot your life." I want a world where I decide what I think of you, not you.

It really has nothing to do with Christian men, gays, gender, race, prayer, pledges, evangelicals, Christian United States, pink elephants, tooth fairies, etc. I couldn't give less of a **** about any of that. If that's your thing, fine. If not, fine. You decide if you like Andy Griffith or not. It's not for me to decide for you. Run your own life as you see fit without trying to run mine.

Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM

5,033 posts, read 2,039,973 times
Sorry Piers, you gutless wonder; too little, way too late... I hope the Left's Liberal/Illiberal civil war lasts 100 years!!!

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

15,403 posts, read 13,487,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I get it.

Most people in this country right now cannot accept that it isn't 1955 anymore. They want to return to a society where white Christian men are in all positions of authority, gays are in the closet, women are in the kitchen submissive to their husbands, every school day began with a prayer and pledge of allegiance, and Andy Griffith is sheriff.

People want a white evangelical, God's Not Dead version of reality. They want a "Christian United States" and are willing to destroy the country to get it.
No, I think most people just simply want the government to leave them alone. Live and let live, too.

Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM

15,403 posts, read 13,487,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That sounds great. Liberals destroyed what was great and chide us to not get back to being great.
Some of us don't want a Christian Right Theocracy or anything that comes close to it.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM

27,626 posts, read 15,986,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
No, you don't really get it.

Your style of hyperbole is a big part of the problem.

I'm a liberal.

I do think that the threat of PC has been wildly exaggerated as a tool by the right wing, and exploited by people like Trump. It's not nearly as pervasive and oppressive as people who regularly imbibe right wing media think it is.

However, I went to a Northeastern Liberal University with a pretty significant SJW representation before the term existed. I'm not going to tell anyone that there isn't a lot of nonsense going on that is over the top. But for the most part, a lot of it is largely contained to the Universities themselves.

Some guy who grinds out bullets and conspiracy theories in Rockhole Texas thinks this actually effects him..when all he has to do is turn off the internet.
The problem is conservatives believe in indoctrination of students in college as well as public education. Mind you, private education does that because most are religious based... They use the farest of the left to help say they are better. The same is in the reverse. I fully agree though, PC isn't as common as you'd think. Maybe more so that we are in a post Me Too world. Listen, I have been falsely accused (not of sexual assault or harassment) but let me say, there is no proof of the claims against me and it is muddy at best while many of the accused are MOSTLY guilty but cannot be proved beyond a reasonable doubt or happened years ago. There is a difference between false claims and unproven claims. I think truly false claims aren't as common as people believed. Kavanaugh and that idiot in Alabama are "unproven" because claims haven't been proven false. They just aren't true beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM

5,033 posts, read 2,039,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
No, you don't really get it.

Your style of hyperbole is a big part of the problem.

I'm a liberal.

I do think that the threat of PC has been wildly exaggerated as a tool by the right wing, and exploited by people like Trump. It's not nearly as pervasive and oppressive as people who regularly imbibe right wing media think it is.

However, I went to a Northeastern Liberal University with a pretty significant SJW representation before the term existed. I'm not going to tell anyone that there isn't a lot of nonsense going on that is over the top. But for the most part, a lot of it is largely contained to the Universities themselves.

Some guy who grinds out bullets and conspiracy theories in Rockhole Texas thinks this actually effects him..when all he has to do is turn off the internet.
Wildly exaggerated?

You need look no farther than Oberlin College (a perfect microcosm of our society today) to see that the problem is very real.

Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM

19,110 posts, read 9,850,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so obvious even some leftists can see it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...nbearable.html
I'm so disgusted with the liberal Demonics....Piers nails it. The world liberals want is one in which fun and laughter or illegal.

Old Today, 01:00 AM

5,136 posts, read 1,012,835 times
I know that are people who stopped being a liberal or Democrat in part because of the SJW/P.C./snowflake mentalities. However, know of any cases where a person stopped being a conservative or Republican because of the SJW/P.C./snowflake mentalities?

Old Today, 02:11 AM

30,851 posts, read 33,717,171 times
Ain't that the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or