U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:19 PM
 
3,884 posts, read 766,556 times
Reputation: 2750

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Who said anything about prioritizing Israel? How about don't side with Israel's enemies?
Agree. According to the Democrats, being pro-Palestinian is being loyal to this country, and being pro-Israel is being disloyal. How much of a 180 are the far-leftists taking the party so that any Jew who isn't siding with Palestinians against Isrselis is considered disloyal to America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:27 PM
 
13,017 posts, read 4,014,733 times
Reputation: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. According to the Democrats, being pro-Palestinian is being loyal to this country, and being pro-Israel is being disloyal. How much of a 180 are the far-leftists taking the party so that any Jew who isn't siding with Palestinians against Isrselis is considered disloyal to America?

Exactly. It's common for Democrats to argue left is right and up is down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:30 PM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,427 posts, read 4,278,674 times
Reputation: 7982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. According to the Democrats, being pro-Palestinian is being loyal to this country, and being pro-Israel is being disloyal. How much of a 180 are the far-leftists taking the party so that any Jew who isn't siding with Palestinians against Isrselis is considered disloyal to America?
Trump is only pro-Israel because it's a big issue for his evangelical Christian base. Democrats support peace in the Holy Land. Republicans want confrontation because they need it to kick off the End Times and return of Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:30 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,161 posts, read 2,598,217 times
Reputation: 4816
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
1. People who insisit on using the emoji I find annoying. It is condesending. It says I am smarter than you. Without really knowing that.

2. i have many times posted on the failings of the ACA. It needs to be revisited. Any even Obama has admitted his regret on the "keep your own doctor" promise and the donut hole issue. That fact you don't want to research or learn is on you.
1. I don't care if you find it annoying, sometimes it is appropriate. The rest is simply your personal opinion and nothing more.

2. Maybe you have and maybe you just blamed the flaws on the GOP like many democrats do? I don't know. Revist means as if there were some merit, worth saving. It is and always was a complete abortion. The dems had the power and control to give us something functional. Like single payer or Universal or I don't know, maybe talk to some folks who already have great systems and reapply it. Like Australia for example. No instead they reinvented the wheel and made it a Triangle. If that doesn't deserve a head smack nothing does.

Back on topic.

Hardliners vote against their own interests all the time. I will say it. Any white person who votes for a race baiter just because of party loyalty is exactly wrong for it. Either abstain or write someone else in. Amy person of color who votes for a racist just because of party is wrong.
Any woman who votes for a sexist or a Bill Clinton or a Trump or a Biden just because of party, isn't just wrong they are stupid.

Personally I won't vote for any candidate that puts the needs of Israel above our own. That said I would never vote for one like Omar who feels that the Palestinians are the victims or good guys in the story. They aren't because there are no good guys in that story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:33 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,161 posts, read 2,598,217 times
Reputation: 4816
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump is only pro-Israel because it's a big issue for his evangelical Christian base. Democrats support peace in the Holy Land. Republicans want confrontation because they need it to kick off the End Times and return of Jesus Christ.
No he is pro Israel because there is a ton of money under jewish control. If Trump is loyal to anything it is money. Yes many Christians have a misplaced loyalty to Israel. Those same Christians also have a loyalty to a way of life that they dont want changed. They fear what the democrat party is becoming and rightly so. Unfortunately that only really leaves them the GOP, which isn't the party of Bob Dole and Reagan anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:40 PM
 
13,017 posts, read 4,014,733 times
Reputation: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
1. I don't care if you find it annoying, sometimes it is appropriate. The rest is simply your personal opinion and nothing more.

2. Maybe you have and maybe you just blamed the flaws on the GOP like many democrats do? I don't know. Revist means as if there were some merit, worth saving. It is and always was a complete abortion. The dems had the power and control to give us something functional. Like single payer or Universal or I don't know, maybe talk to some folks who already have great systems and reapply it. Like Australia for example. No instead they reinvented the wheel and made it a Triangle. If that doesn't deserve a head smack nothing does.

Back on topic.

Hardliners vote against their own interests all the time. I will say it. Any white person who votes for a race baiter just because of party loyalty is exactly wrong for it. Either abstain or write someone else in. Amy person of color who votes for a racist just because of party is wrong.
Any woman who votes for a sexist or a Bill Clinton or a Trump or a Biden just because of party, isn't just wrong they are stupid.

Personally I won't vote for any candidate that puts the needs of Israel above our own. That said I would never vote for one like Omar who feels that the Palestinians are the victims or good guys in the story. They aren't because there are no good guys in that story.
I agree but I'm sort of a one issue voter. I'm voting against legal and illegal immigration and multiculturalism, and everything rotten under the sun that comes with it. So that alone rules out the Democrat party completely. If I don't vote for a Republican, then I'm effectively helping the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:41 PM
 
3,884 posts, read 766,556 times
Reputation: 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Exactly. It's common for Democrats to argue left is right and up is down.
Yup. I've been called a "bad Jew" for not siding with the HAMAS-led Palestinians. What mishigas is that??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 07:48 PM
 
3,884 posts, read 766,556 times
Reputation: 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump is only pro-Israel because it's a big issue for his evangelical Christian base. Democrats support peace in the Holy Land. Republicans want confrontation because they need it to kick off the End Times and return of Jesus Christ.
How do you know why he's pro-Israel? And in the end, does it even matter? He's doing the right thing: We have Mr. Trump on one side, supporting Israel; and on the other side, we have Democrats supporting the anti-Israel BDS movement and trying to advance hatred of Israel. I'll go with Mr. Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Camberville
12,149 posts, read 16,895,967 times
Reputation: 20037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Who said anything about prioritizing Israel? How about don't side with Israel's enemies?

This argument hinges on supporting a party that is slightly less universally in support of Israel over the party that offers me a more secure plan for health coverage as a cancer survivor, supports environmental policy that I believe leaves my children a better future, believes I have agency over my own body, and offers a more hopeful economic future.

So I ask again - why should I prioritize Israel over issues that impact me directly?

Are you asking any other group of people to show blind loyalty to another country in this manner?

I don't agree with the Democratic party on everything, but my alignment with the Republican party is miniscule. Why would I abandon the party that I feel is on the right track because of its policy (which is *far* from anti-Israel) on a foreign country? Because of my faith? That's what we call antisemitism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 08:05 PM
 
13,017 posts, read 4,014,733 times
Reputation: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This argument hinges on supporting a party that is slightly less universally in support of Israel over the party that offers me a more secure plan for health coverage as a cancer survivor, supports environmental policy that I believe leaves my children a better future, believes I have agency over my own body, and offers a more hopeful economic future.

So I ask again - why should I prioritize Israel over issues that impact me directly?

Are you asking any other group of people to show blind loyalty to another country in this manner?
No one is asking you to do that.

I think you're wrong about your party though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top