U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 08:59 AM

13,846 posts, read 7,549,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What idiot would tweet that? What was the purpose of trump tweeting that, do you think?
Hubris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 08:59 AM

10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is Trump being Trump. I don't know why people are still shocked at the things he comes out with?

When he is finished with his terms in 2024 I think he should take his act on the road.

He is a funny guy.
While I don't condone or like it, I think half the stuff that he blurts out is done just to troll people. And boy does it work.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:00 AM

6,617 posts, read 2,847,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
While I don't condone or like it, I think half the stuff that he blurts out is done just to troll people. And boy does it work.

If true, do you think a POTUS' job is to troll people and divide the nation? Is that what we elect a president to do?

Old 08-21-2019, 09:02 AM

342 posts, read 65,528 times
Does the Jewish faith believe in a "second" coming?

Old 08-21-2019, 09:03 AM

24,129 posts, read 17,949,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What idiot would tweet that? What was the purpose of trump tweeting that, do you think?
Agreed. He should know tweeting something this sensational is going to get a lot of buzz. I'm sure that was the point.

5,550 posts, read 1,599,475 times
Anti-Trumpers continue to make fools of themselves, not even smart enough to know who is saying what!
Trump never said this, he simply referred to a quote.
Its completely different to saying it yourself.
And why did the OP fail to clarify this?
Too dumb, too desperate or both.

11,881 posts, read 2,936,126 times
Of course, someone else (a radio host I never heard of) said those things which Trump repeated. Snowflakes got triggered and, clutching their pearls, have retired to their fainting couches

I've learned over the last three years to dig further whenever there are clickbait headlines. This is why mainstream media has an approval rating lower than Trump's.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:04 AM

7,032 posts, read 3,848,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
OP, please link to where he said like “I’m the second coming of God.”
Quote:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....
7:34 AM · Aug 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....
7:34 AM · Aug 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow!
He copied and pasted the text which is an acknowledgement that he endorses the words. He's certainly not denying it.

Anyway, Trump voters DO love him as though he's the second coming. The guy can do no wrong apparently.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:06 AM

10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If true, do you think a POTUS' job is to troll people and divide the nation? Is that what we elect a president to do?

Well, the nation was divided long before Trump came around. To answer your question though, no. It is what it is, every POTUS that we've had in my memory has done things I don't like. Not really much one can do about it. That being said, he will still get my vote in 2020, unless he waffles on the stupid gun control proposals the left has on the table. Then I just won't vote.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:10 AM

13,846 posts, read 7,549,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
He copied and pasted the text which is an acknowledgement that he endorses the words. He's certainly not denying it.

Anyway, Trump voters DO love him as though he's the second coming. The guy can do no wrong apparently.
Another one who does not understand the use of quotes.

Read the thread title slowly, then link to where he said the quote OP’s title. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or