U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 10:26 AM

28,913 posts, read 15,666,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
No sane person cheerfully acknowledges other people referring to them as the Messiah.

Who cares about votes? The president is mentally ill. A mentally ill person is in charge of the country. This is a crisis.
Venezuela is in a crisis.

We are not in a crisis. You choose to put yourself in a self-imposed crisis.

Trump is not the first president with a lofty view of himself. He won't be the last. Get past it and make the best of your life. Don't let Trump ruin your day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 10:32 AM

13,263 posts, read 3,362,923 times
Amazing how even some Jewish people in this thread will even excuse the antiSemitism coming from Trump, but I guess human nature tends to trump all else when it comes to hearing only what we want to hear and hearing nothing else...

‘Shameful’: US Jews respond to Trump’s apparent use of antisemitic trope

Jonathan Greenblatt said Trump’s charges of ‘disloyalty’ have ‘long been used to attack Jews’ while J Street called remarks ‘dangerous’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...isemitic-trope

You think? Just no end to see how some people simply don't care what is right or wrong-doing if the recognition of wrong-doing doesn't suit their cause, not what they want to hear, and as such..., what is the point of making any such distinctions or arguing about them?

Old 08-21-2019, 10:33 AM

32,966 posts, read 16,861,923 times
No, they don't.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM

10,176 posts, read 6,731,408 times
Didn't Trump once said that black people loved him?

Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 AM

28,913 posts, read 15,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Amazing how even some Jewish people in this thread will even excuse the antiSemitism coming from Trump, but I guess human nature tends to trump all else when it comes to hearing only what we want to hear and hearing nothing else...

‘Shameful’: US Jews respond to Trump’s apparent use of antisemitic trope

Jonathan Greenblatt said Trump’s charges of ‘disloyalty’ have ‘long been used to attack Jews’ while J Street called remarks ‘dangerous’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...isemitic-trope

You think? Just no end to see how some people simply don't care what is right or wrong-doing if the recognition of wrong-doing doesn't suit their cause, not what they want to hear, and as such..., what is the point of making any such distinctions or arguing about them?
But Jews should accept the anti-Semitic behavior and history coming from the squad?

Interesting...

Old 08-21-2019, 11:05 AM

12,149 posts, read 16,895,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
But Jews should accept the anti-Semitic behavior and history coming from the squad?

Interesting...

No.

I'm not sure why this is an either/or thing.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:07 AM

16,285 posts, read 4,282,927 times
Quote:

Interesting...
If they represented me and I was looking I might have some concern...as it stands they are lowly Reps and entitled to their opinions. I, as a Jew, may even share SOME of them....

But the POTUS ideally represents every decent American. See the difference?

He is paid and elected to do that. The Rep is not.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:09 AM

2,746 posts, read 1,989,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
No sane person cheerfully acknowledges other people referring to them as the Messiah.

Who cares about votes? The president is mentally ill. A mentally ill person is in charge of the country. This is a crisis.
Funny he just was talking about how other presidents didn't take on China and referred to himself as "the chosen one" to take this problem on. Is there a pattern here?
This guy is very ill.

16,285 posts, read 4,282,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Not to mention a self proclaimed genus, and winner of the Man of the Year award in Michigan.
I hereby challenge Trump to a test against me.

Geography
History
Spelling
Essay

I promise I will trounce him. He will beat me in the Art of the Con because I am one of those people who is not good at lying. Bad poker player.

I will also compare my lifetime ROI with his.....and my claim is to beat him by at least 1/2.

Like the Govinator and Reagan, his "beat" is acting. I cannot do that well.

13,263 posts, read 3,362,923 times
Quote:

Interesting...
That what I wrote? "Interesting" is right, and perhaps another example of reading only what we want to read?

In each and every one of these cases, what is important is to recognize what in fact is right or wrong, antisemetic or not antisemetic, and get the facts correct rather than use reason and rhetoric based solely on bias that clouds clear thinking in these respects.

Even more specifically and to the point, is Trump antiSemetic or not in your opinion? And why?

Have there not been enough threads about the squad already? Isn't this one about Trump instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or