Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 09:34 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1- Thread title is totally disingenuous.

2- Whoever made the statement is obviously not a Christian.

3- Trump isn't a Christian. So understanding who he is, it's not surprising he made reference to the statement as he did.
So, Trump isn't a Christian? Pray tell, then what faith does he follow? And if he's not a Christian, why on earth did he make such a big shpiel about bringing back saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays"? (Other than to win votes)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 09:34 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Clueless. I posted earlier that I thought it was dumb of him to tweet this but go on with your rant. I even said it was hubris on his part.

The thread title is a lie. No matter how much seething hatred you have for your president, it doesn’t change that fact.
A Trumpie getting his panties in a bunch because of a lie? That's rich.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:36 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I never said he said the quote in the OP's title.

Read my post again SLOWLY and try to comprehend it this time. Good luck.

I was well aware of the actual tweet as I searched for it before I ever posted in this thread. I’m not sure why you directed your post to me if you understood that he never said “I’m.” Your comrades seem to not understand that quotation marks are for exact words.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:38 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
A Trumpie getting his panties in a bunch because of a lie? That's rich.
I didn’t vote for Trump, r small. TDS is strong with this one.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:41 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
His John Lennon moment.

Will be ignored by the great majority of the evangelical community as long as they keep getting their SCOTUS picks.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:41 AM

15,835 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Whisper sweet words of flattery in Trump's ear and he'll grant you the Moon and the stars. With strings attached, of course.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:44 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9072951.html

This should be blasphemous to the US Christian crowd, but they'll lap it up and proclaim his greatness.
Whatever. He tweeted Wayne Allyn Root's statement, no big deal.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:49 AM

10,530 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I was well aware of the actual tweet as I searched for it before I ever posted in this thread. I’m not sure why you directed your post to me if you understood that he never said “I’m.” Your comrades seem to not understand that quotation marks are for exact words.

Your comrades don't seem to understand context.

I quoted the entire tweet storm for you so that you could understand the context of my post.

Quoting another poster does not imply that every single word in the quoted post is being referred to, or that I was referring specifically to a word you wrote just because you highlighted that word in bold.
The words I wrote were highlighting the idea that Trump endorses the quotes he supplied.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
So, Trump isn't a Christian? Pray tell, then what faith does he follow? And if he's not a Christian, why on earth did he make such a big shpiel about bringing back saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays"? (Other than to win votes)
I don't believe he follows any particular faith. I'm not the final authority - but it's just based on what I see.

Merry Christmas... it is an American tradition and it does acknowledge God. It doesn't mean he believes in the death of Christ for his sins.

I think many Americans do acknowledge the fact that God exists (or some higher power) and believe it's a move away from God to make the holiday generic.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,778 times
Six pages of arguing over the accuracy of the thread title.

Here's what matters.

Someone called Trump "the second coming" and instead of ignoring that statement, Trump publicized it and thanked him for it.

That. Is. Bonkers.

Sane people do not do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies