Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 11:36 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,756,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
It's also a bone to the Christian Right as it fits their bizarre end of days theology.
Unfortunately this "rapture" theology currently dominates our foreign policy and our environmental policy. As somebody raised in a fundamentalist Christian household with an evangelical Christian worldview, I find the Trump Presidency to make far more sense and it's far more terrifying than most secular people believe it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 11:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,596,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Deplorable?? That's so 2016.

We are all white supremacists in 2019.

You need to keep up.

Dems have nothing or no one to offer to the country - so you call people names and falsely accuse people. That's been the strategy since 2016. That's pretty much the 2020 platform. Good luck with that...
If what you mean is that it is silly for the Dems to spend money trying to convert "the 20%" who won't believe a bad or fair economy is Trumps doing, I agree...fully!

I like agreement. We are on the same page.

It would be foolish for Republicans to spend too much money trying to "convert" jews or blacks too. Their $$ should, and will, go towards the non-college educated white folks.

Is there something about voter targeting you don't understand? Those 20%, whether we call them nationalists or deplorables or fans of reality TV or whatever...they don't figure into the Dem strategy.

If you doubt my wisdom here, ask the republican marketers. They targeted ONLY those on the cusp.....those who could be swayed or convinced by fear and loathing. Watch The Big Hack and you'll see.

I happen to know this from taking part in a local political campaign where the consultants made this clear in the first meeting. You simply cannot convince those people to move their votes.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:43 AM

15,689 posts, read 6,393,978 times
The latest Trumpian brain fart: "I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat -- it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty".

Oy-vey.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:43 AM

15,701 posts, read 7,518,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is Trump being Trump. I don't know why people are still shocked at the things he comes out with?

When he is finished with his terms in 2024 I think he should take his act on the road.

He is a funny guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Funny if you're not Jewish, I guess.

Sure is interesting how some people are hyperfocused on Tlaib and Omar, but can't say boo about Trump.
There seems to be a hidden veil between decency and the people.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:52 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,042,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The latest Trumpian brain fart: "I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat -- it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty".

Oy-vey.
Yes a lot of Jewish words are appropriate here: Meshugenah, schlemiel, schlimazel, putz, etc., etc.

30,705 posts, read 79,486,151 times
Oh come on. It is just a little juicy distraction to get the left excited and make them look away fro a while. What is funny is that it works every single time.

While everyone is raving about this statement, maybe Trump will slip in and buy Greenland.

Or maybe that is a distraction too. Where is the real focus in all of these distractions?

Probably "Oh oops, Trump snuck in and got re-elected while we were all busy raving about some ridiculous tweet."

12,716 posts, read 7,756,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
There's one little problem with his strategy. When Democratic Jews walk over to the other side, they see the Republican Party associating with white supremacists, skinheads, Nazis, and Alt-Righters and other anti-Semites. Those Jews make a U-turn and go back home to the Democrats. That's why the "Jexodus" failed.
This is the way I see it. I don't like everything about the Democratic party, but when the alternative is a totalitarian theocratic society ruled by the Christian Right that denies science and glorifies ignorance, I have no choice but to support the Democrats, even though I think that open borders and universal heathcare cannot coexist.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:53 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,042,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Oh come on. It is just a little juicy distraction to get the left excited and make them look away fro a while. What is funny is that it works every single time.

While everyone is raving about this statement, maybe Trump will slip in and buy Greenland.

Or maybe that is a distraction too. Where is the real focus in all of these distractions?

Probably "Oh oops, Trump snuck in and got re-elected while we were all busy raving about some ridiculous tweet."
You obviously are having trouble grasping the concept of "not for sale".

Old 08-21-2019, 11:54 AM

15,827 posts, read 21,337,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yes a lot of Jewish words are appropriate here: Meshugenah, schlemiel, schlimazel, putz, etc., etc.

Or as my Jewish, politically conservative, veteran grandfather says he'd say to Trump in the mama loshen: Gay kaken ofn yahm!

Old 08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,378,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
As an Israeli I thankful to him for recognizing Jerusalem as our capital, our sovereignty over the Golan heights and his positive attitude.
Why were so many people outraged when he recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies