U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

10,253 posts, read 5,660,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No idea what you mean but if an M16 is a combat rifle so is the AR15.

Okay, I stand you off against someone with an M16 and you get an AR15. Considering that your opponent can deliver 3 times, at least, the lead that you can..........do you really want to go into battle with a semi automatic rifle? Do you really think you can call the latter a combat rifle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,574,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
And as has been pointed out before, your constitution does not state you can have any gun or weapon you so like, if that was the case military automatic M16 A4 rifles would be openly on sale, but they are not because the law prohibits it.
You clearly have no clue at all about our constitution. It does not state what kind because it wasn't SUPPOSED TO! When wars ended, most American were able to take home some of the weapons they used including fully automatic firearms.

It was the unconstitutional National Firearms Act passed in 1934, one year after Prohibition ended so that the .gov wouldn't have to layoff/fire all those 'revenuers' that started us on this course of ruining our 2A. The SCOTUS Miller decision really shouldn't stand because it was basically a defaulted judgement as the one side did not show up due to lack of funds among other things.

We had just won our independence from YOUR country partially because YOUR country wanted to disarm us. So why would we enumerate a right that has sever limits. The 2A was intended for every able bodied person to have the best weapon(s) practical of the day.

Do try to keep up.

Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM

34,006 posts, read 14,312,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Okay, I stand you off against someone with an M16 and you get an AR15. Considering that your opponent can deliver 3 times, at least, the lead that you can..........do you really want to go into battle with a semi automatic rifle? Do you really think you can call the latter a combat rifle?
The fact that an M16 can shoot 800 rounds per minute vs AR15 600 rounds per minute ( my estimate) is meaningless and of course limited by clip size (magazine) which is normally 20. Neither belongs in civilian hands.

Make your case that someone needs that firepower.

Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM

284 posts, read 32,069 times
Quote:
I know others have told you this, but you seem not to get it so I'll say it again.....they are not the same. One is fully automatic, one is single shot.....

And Austinnerd - stop with the silly argument that we can all make our AR's into a full automatic rifle so easily....if it was that easy, lots more people would do it. And a big reason we don't is that no one wants to get caught with one, the penalties are severe, you couldn't even take it to the range

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM

10,253 posts, read 5,660,404 times
Quote:
The fact that an M16 can shoot 800 rounds per minute vs AR15 600 rounds per minute ( my estimate) is meaningless and of course limited by clip size (magazine) which is normally 20. Neither belongs in civilian hands.

Or make my case with someone who knows what they are talking about.....which you don't.

Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM

284 posts, read 32,069 times
Quote:

Wow, you keep digging.....600 rounds per minute = 10 rounds per second......(your estimate).
You really have zero clue, eh?
Hahahahaha

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

8,708 posts, read 8,623,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Why do gun folks keep fighting this fight, it's a road to nowhere, or worse, disaster. Claiming that the fact that the weapon that shoots the exact same round, with the same lethality, with the same capacity and can be converted with a pretty cheap part to functionally the equivalent as it's "military" counterpart is somehow the same as getting fake boobs or painting a car is about a false equivalence as you can get and doesn't help to frame the argument. I get that it's easier to argue semantics, but guaranteed that this approach will backfire. Just like whining on about gun grabbers focusing on "cosmetics", well guess what, now the legislation they are trying to pass focuses less on cosmetics and targets the action and form (e.g. semi auto magazine fed rifles). Guess pro gunners won that war, they stopped focusing on cosmetics
Are you gaslighting us or just trolling? You should educate yourself before making these comments.....The internet is your friend

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

1,358 posts, read 2,096,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I know others have told you this, but you seem not to get it so I'll say it again.....they are not the same. One is fully automatic, one is single shot.....

And Austinnerd - stop with the silly argument that we can all make our AR's into a full automatic rifle so easily....if it was that easy, lots more people would do it. And a big reason we don't is that no one wants to get caught with one, the penalties are severe, you couldn't even take it to the range
I was expressly referring to folks who were making nonsensical comparisons of ar/m4. I was pointing out that the physical differences are actually rather very small, which is true, and depending on the actual ar config one might be looking at, you end up with pretty much equivalent end results (which is a whole planet different than painting a Yaris and having it be one step away from the WRC equivalent). And it is that easy (with the right lower and bcg), and you're right, most folks don't do it because it is illegal, but that's a different argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford
Are you gaslighting us or just trolling? You should educate yourself before making these comments.....The internet is your friend
You tell me, other than the ability to shoot burst/auto, how is a m855 coming out of an AR less lethal than one coming out of an M4? What magazine capacities can an M4 utilize that an AR can't? It all comes down to the switch (and the few parts to gain "party mode").

Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM

10,303 posts, read 4,793,353 times
Quote:
No it isn't. I fought in Vietnam with an M 16, would not want to with an AR 15.

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

10,303 posts, read 4,793,353 times
Quote:

You really think that you can pull a trigger 600 times a minute? And still be changing magazines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or