U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

10,253 posts, read 5,660,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
.......You tell me, other than the ability to shoot burst/auto, how is a m855 coming out of an AR less lethal than one coming out of an M4? What magazine capacities can an M4 utilize that an AR can't? It all comes down to the switch (and the few parts to gain "party mode").

Three rounds of lead vs one round and then say 1.5 seconds on the later to re-establish sight lock before I fire the next round.

As far as lethal goes, well if I have to shoot, I am prepared to kill him.....because, after all, I am shooting a gun at him.

You know what they say....."What do you mean, you didn't mean to kill him? You put your sword right through him!"--Swamp Castle King in MP & the Holy Grail.

Even if I go hand to hand, killing him is a possibility......and I must be ready for that outcome if the Fates do decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM

34,006 posts, read 14,312,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Or make my case with someone who knows what they are talking about.....which you don't.
So you canít make your case.

Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM

10,253 posts, read 5,660,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you canít make your case.
Do not put words in my mouth for we are at horse races.

Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Wow, you keep digging.....600 rounds per minute = 10 rounds per second......(your estimate).
You really have zero clue, eh?
Hahahahaha
So give me your number, your an expert.

Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No it isn't. I fought in Vietnam with an M 16, would not want to with an AR 15.
I was a combat veteran in Vietnam and the M16 is identical in every respect to the AR15 except full auto. Itís not a question of which one I would want but they are close enough in capability to be banned.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

36,028 posts, read 32,716,172 times
Quote:
I was a combat veteran in Vietnam and the M16 is identical in every respect to the AR15 except full auto. Itís not a question of which one I would want but they are close enough in capability to be banned.
So let's ban it. As retarded as that whole process is. Happy now? We still get to buy, own, operate them. Symbolism much?

Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

10,303 posts, read 4,793,353 times
Quote:
I honestly don't believe you.

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

36,028 posts, read 32,716,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I honestly don't believe you.
Me either. I smell online fake. No Marine is that stupid about their load out.

Old Today, 05:59 AM

38,186 posts, read 16,508,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Why do gun folks keep fighting this fight, it's a road to nowhere, or worse, disaster. Claiming that the fact that the weapon that shoots the exact same round, with the same lethality, with the same capacity and can be converted with a pretty cheap part to functionally the equivalent as it's "military" counterpart is somehow the same as getting fake boobs or painting a car is about a false equivalence as you can get and doesn't help to frame the argument. I get that it's easier to argue semantics, but guaranteed that this approach will backfire. Just like whining on about gun grabbers focusing on "cosmetics", well guess what, now the legislation they are trying to pass focuses less on cosmetics and targets the action and form (e.g. semi auto magazine fed rifles). Guess pro gunners won that war, they stopped focusing on cosmetics
"Why do gun folks keep fighting this fight, it's a road to nowhere," Don't agree. It IS WELL WORTH FIGHTING.

"Guess pro gunners won that war," It is STILL being fought.

NO FEDERAL law has been passed, as long as the repubs control at least 1 house in Congress or the presidency, it will EVER be passed.

Some very liberal states can pass laws but I see as Trump keeps getting more and more Constutionalist judges controlling our courts, I foresee may of these state laws being challenged and overturned.

Clinton got the 1st so-called Assault Weapons Ban bill passed. It turned out it had ZERO affect.

The dems LOST control of the house, which they held for 40 STRAIGHT YEARS. many, even dems, said it was because of the ban. Contrary to what the "news' and pundits tell you, a LOT of dems are gun owners.

The next time was when obama tried it and even the dems wouldn't touch it with a 40' pole because of happened the the last time.

Old Today, 06:01 AM

38,186 posts, read 16,508,060 times
Quote:
No idea what you mean but if an M16 is a combat rifle so is the AR15.
"but if an M16 is a combat rifle so is the AR15" Then why don't our military use it in "combat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or