U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 12:37 PM

1,948 posts, read 778,708 times

Advertisements

Talk about hating authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 12:38 PM

1,646 posts, read 315,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Sounds like the "dress code" is actually a uniform which have no place in public schools.
Oh it absolutely does these days. You have no idea what these kids wear to school when there isn't a uniform dress code.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:38 PM

9,225 posts, read 8,077,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Sounds like the "dress code" is actually a uniform which have no place in public schools.

How is this a uniform?

Old 08-21-2019, 01:35 PM

10,282 posts, read 6,416,416 times
So, the Dad is wearing Orange now.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:40 PM

21,349 posts, read 10,300,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
How was she flaunting it? The article doesn't say.

You're certainly right that it never should have happened in the first place, because calling in the police to assault parents over a dress code violation is really stupid and shouldn't happen.
So you think cops were called over the dress code violation?

What part of this are you not understanding?

Quote:
When the student was asked to leave by school personnel, both she and her father left the office, with the teen continuing towards classrooms instead of the exit. The father and daughter then began to argue with school officials and refused to leave, despite multiple requests.

"It was at this point that School Resource Officers George Patonis and Akira McSwain attempted to intervene," the Metro Nashville police department said in a statement provided to Yahoo Lifestyle. "After repeated requests for Arms and his daughter to leave were ignored, Officer Patonis attempted to arrest him. Arms resisted arrest for about four minutes during which he went to the ground and placed both of his arms under his body, presumably to avoid being handcuffed."

Old 08-21-2019, 01:49 PM

21,349 posts, read 10,300,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How is this a uniform?
It's a uniform. They have to wear collared shirts of a specific color and wear shorts or pants of a specific color. That's a uniform.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:56 PM

341 posts, read 65,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Oh it absolutely does these days. You have no idea what these kids wear to school when there isn't a uniform dress code.
Oh golly gosh, life as we know it would descend into mass chaos and we'll all die if a teenage girls shoulders are EXPOSED IN SCHOOL!

Dress codes are stupid.

I was That Parent when my kids were in school - but of course nobody called the cops on me because I'm a middle aged white lady.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:59 PM

22,288 posts, read 21,929,557 times
Quote:
Oh golly gosh, life as we know it would descend into mass chaos and we'll all die if a teenage girls shoulders are EXPOSED IN SCHOOL!

Dress codes are stupid.

I was That Parent when my kids were in school - but of course nobody called the cops on me because I'm a middle aged white lady.
I was too. no one call the cops on me because I behaved in a respectful manner. I did not argue, refuse to leave ans assault resource officers.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:59 PM

360 posts, read 38,378 times
Quote:

Dress codes are stupid.

That's your opinion, but you have to obey the rule of law. He was not arrested because his daughter didn't obey the dress code, he was arrested for acting belligerent and refusing to leave when told to leave.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:53 PM

67,225 posts, read 34,245,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good Lord, almost every week yet another incident where 'parents' enable their kid's bad behavior by deliberately flaunting school dress codes.

What is so darned hard about following such rules, which are clearly posted and which are legally protected.

I'm sure there will soon be protests and 'outrage' over something that should never have happened in the first place.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad-...234727135.html
You would think, they think people are their property or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or