U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 06:39 AM

11,974 posts, read 8,640,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Kill the Farm Bill..........................

https://www.gfs.com/en-us/ideas/farm...-lunches-table
People keep forgetting this part. IIRC, it was the farm lobby that started pushing for the school reduced and free lunch program. And the government who had all that food in warehouses that they had 'purchased' needing a place to go.

I also remember vividly the soft drink people pushing long and hard to get soda machines into schools. Their selling point was the school got part of the take. Now they just replace soda with other sugar water drinks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 07:21 AM

32,657 posts, read 60,457,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I said I oppose spending our taxes on wasteful things. Roads, parks, etc. aren't one of them.
But education is wasteful (and yes, nutrition is part of the education package, whether you like it or not. Look it up.)? Nice priorities you have.

Quote:
One more personal attack and you'll be reported. This is getting ridiculous.
Awww ...

Old 08-28-2019, 07:55 AM

118 posts, read 20,084 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? What people that are different than me? I interact with plenty of people that are citizens of our country that are not of the same race, skin color or ethnicity than myself. Stop playing the race card and making false assumptions about me. My objection is to illegal aliens and "bogus" asylum seekers. This topic isn't about that anyway it's about the taxpayer providing free lunches in schools.

Go away, if you're going to continue to play the race and not stay on topic!
You and other people brought that card to the thread when started pointing out how bad it is that non-citizens kids get to eat at schools. I am only replying to that full of hate comments and try to find if there is some humanity left inside people here with that mentality. Of course there is not. And you do not shut down my voice. If you donít like my comments feel free of not reading them (itís not like you understand anything anyway).

Old 08-28-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Again, WTH are you talking about? I said I oppose spending our taxes on wasteful things. Roads, parks, etc. aren't one of them. One more personal attack and you'll be reported. This is getting ridiculous.
So is it YOU the one who get to decide what expenses are a waste and which are not? And I have to believe it because you said so? Wow man you can some ego issues going on.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
No, the poster I was replying to did. He said I seem to have a problem with people who look different than me and that's completely false. Try to keep up with the conversation will you, or butt out of it!
It is she. And I didnít bring it. That post was a reply to another poster who said she/he was against non-citizens illegal kids getting free lunches at school. You decided to continue that line of thought because you obviously share those same thoughts of that poster.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:07 AM

37,956 posts, read 16,775,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
It is she. And I didnít bring it. That post was a reply to another poster who said she/he was against non-citizens illegal kids getting free lunches at school. You decided to continue that line of thought because you obviously share those same thoughts of that poster.
I never mentioned the status of these kids in our country nor the race of any of these kids. What I said is that I oppose free breakfasts and lunches in our schools. That would be for anyone, white, black, Hispanic, etc. I do however, oppose all handouts to kids here illegally even more so because they shouldn't even be here. Are you done now?

Old 08-28-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliampr View Post
So is it YOU the one who get to decide what expenses are a waste and which are not? And I have to believe it because you said so? Wow man you can some ego issues going on.
Are you for real? Where did I say I had the authority to decide how our taxes are spent? I just offered my opinion just like you did in another post as to what you deem to be a waste of our tax dollars. Are you special that you can offer your opinion but I can't? Go away, please. You're being ridiculous and obviously looking for a whipping post in here.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
It's quite sad you are spending your golden years arguing with people you never met online and screaming liberals and race/color. How about you stop staying in the far-right mindset and understand your own internal bias before arguing with people online?
I'm here to enlighten the clueless. Where was I screaming? It's you liberals that constantly bring up race/skin color to demonize us conservatives and you know it! We aren't allowed to defend ourselves? I have no internal bias unless you call being opposed to illegal immigration a bias.

Now, I have had enough of you! This topic is about free school lunches not race or skin color. I don't care what race or skin color these kids have, schools aren't restaurants they are education facilities and their parents are responsible for feeding them, not the taxpayer. Buh, bye welcome to my ignore list. Find yourself another whipping post.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:18 AM

5,892 posts, read 1,487,204 times
Quote:
No, the poster I was replying to did. He said I seem to have a problem with people who look different than me and that's completely false. Try to keep up with the conversation will you, or butt out of it!
Don't worry. They play the race card whenever they run out of arguments. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

Not wanting to pay for all the illegals' meals, education, housing, etc. does not mean you are a racist. I would be willing to bet the people who say so are the 45% who pay zero federal income taxes and want YOU to pay more.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Don't worry. They play the race card whenever they run out of arguments. It doesn't mean anything anymore.
So true! I just put those idiots on ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies