U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 09:18 AM

31,663 posts, read 14,068,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If you ask a conservative it is neglect by the parents. If you ask a liberal or parasite, it is everyone else's responsibility to feed and care for other's children even other nation's children that illegally imposed themselves.
Its not conservative vs liberal, it's common decency vs some stupid idea that we are all in this for ourselves and screw anyone who needs help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 09:18 AM

16,835 posts, read 14,290,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The social contract, another great fiction right up there with the easter bunny, tooth fairy and santa claus.
Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it fictional. Unless you are a child you are tacitly agreeing to the social norms of whichever society you choose to live in or are accepting the consequences of not following them.

And let’s be clear you willingly participate in the majority of the social contract and regularly try to enforces its norms for nothing you agree with. But when it comes to something you don’t agree with you hypocritically dismiss it as fiction. That says as much about your character as the fact that you begrudge children a taxpayer funded lunch while at school.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, WTH are you talking about? I said I oppose spending our taxes on wasteful things. Roads, parks, etc. aren't one of them. One more personal attack and you'll be reported. This is getting ridiculous.
Right feeding hungry children a meal while at school is “wasteful”. How about the tax credit BP just for more than 3/4 of their Macondo clean up liability? Was that wasteful? I guarantee you it cost the taxpayer significantly more than feeding the children affected by hurricane harvey a lunch while t school.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:21 AM

13,734 posts, read 4,135,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
But I thought Republicans hate welfare and want it removed like I do?
I and many Republicans want it removed for illegal aliens and immigrants. Immigrants should be self sufficient and provide for their children or they should go back home. We shouldn't even have immigration anymore since apparently America can't provide self sufficiency anymore, leave alone illegal aliens.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
How about employers do what's right and follow the law and not hire illegal aliens and those not authorized to be employed in this country? An employer gets the help they need by meeting market demand.
Employers who hire illegals should go to prison, it would save us a lot of money on border walls and ICE agents, but they don't and they won't because employers love the idea of a work force that never complains, is hard working, shows up on time, never reports injuries or gripes about no potty breaks. They won't give that up without one hell of a fight.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
How about the far-left mindset that Americans should be imposed upon by those who are being parasitical and those who are foreign and illegal?
Parasitical? Foreign? Illegal? I doubt you care in the slightest that BP a foreign corporation, was just given a $15.3 BILLION tax credit for its liabilities over cleaning up its illegal oil spill. Kind of obvious why.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Its not conservative vs liberal, it's common decency vs some stupid idea that we are all in this for ourselves and screw anyone who needs help.
It's foreign parasites vs host. I never said screw everyone who needs help who are our own and born and bred Americans. One good way to help is to get rid of the illegals, foreign workers and immigrants who are displacing Americans in the job market.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Employers who hire illegals should go to prison, it would save us a lot of money on border walls and ICE agents, but they don't and they won't because employers love the idea of a work force that never complains, is hard working, shows up on time, never reports injuries or gripes about no potty breaks. They won't give that up without one hell of a fight.
Illegals and their employers both need to be dealt with. They're both cheaters and acting illegally and both are being subsidized. Don't romanticize one and disparage the other.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Illegals and their employers both need to be dealt with. They're both cheaters and acting illegally and both are being subsidized. Don't romanticize one and disparage the other.
I'm not romanticizing anyone, people would not come here if employers didn't hire them, it's really that simple, it's been that way since the 70's and I'm old enough to have watched it happen.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:37 AM

11,974 posts, read 8,640,633 times
Quote:
How about employers do what's right and follow the law and not hire illegal aliens and those not authorized to be employed in this country? An employer gets the help they need by meeting market demand.
To my knowledge, it is just as much against the law to hire illegals as it is to be one.

This country, through any party make up of the House, Senate or White house has never been serious about keeping illegals out.

All you have to do is look at the amount of Visa overstays and the lack of will to kick their asses out.

Same with workers. The screaming is all about illegals, not employers. Neither employers nor local law enforcement can do the job of the feds regarding illegals. Instead of a wall, how about getting all of us citizens an id card that cannot be copied or forged?

Just notifying people someone else is using their SS number would be huge help. Why has that never been done before. Nobody in DC gives a damn about illegals and the cost passed onto tax payers.

Have the chicken plant owners been arrested, fined, assets seized? Probably not in my lifetime. And Ice knew it because the employees filed a complaint with the EEOC and won a few months prior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies